• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

I read an article by a member on here about Camel Trophy watches, After reading I was determined to add one to my collection It has taken a while to get one at a affordable price, but this one is a beaut. Original tin and paperwork, plus the original till receipt from H Samuels in 1995 showing it cost £239.00.

The brass or bronze bezel is a strange colour but, I wonder was it to match the sand glow colour of the competing vehicles.large.1909073645_CamelTrophy3..JPG.7d9bc93cb0a64341143af45e24347e6a.JPGlarge.2005653557_CamelTrophy2..JPG.9ba18e6b85104482bd0f2bbce9daa842.JPGlarge.426671261_CamelTrophy1..JPG.daa4d8b2cc3e9d338836880de2ef54d8.JPG

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Redwolf said:

That looks good, I’ve seen these on eBay. Has it got a Swiss Quartz movement?

Some of the top ones have a jewelled quartz movement this one has a Miyota OS60 movement..

• Like 1

A blast from the past! I remember wanting one of those as a lad. Nice find :)

• Like 1

I like that one, nice and rugged. Would anyone care to update me on the history of these watches? They were specially made for some kind of racing competition?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JacobMoogberg said:

I like that one, nice and rugged. Would anyone care to update me on the history of these watches? They were specially made for some kind of racing competition?

It was an off-road rally/reliability trial, sponsored by Camel cigarettes and Land Rover, ran until 2000 ish, presumably, by then, having a tobacco company as the main sponsor was a bit of a no-no.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rab said:

It was an off-road rally/reliability trial, sponsored by Camel cigarettes and Land Rover, ran until 2000 ish, presumably, by then, having a tobacco company as the main sponsor was a bit of a no-no.

3 hours ago, rhaythorne said:

@Always"watching" wrote an article about them here.

Excellent, thanks!

• Like 1