• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Jet Jetski

I would like to bore guests with a 'pointer day' watch but

I don't want to spend 'Oris' money for a watch for the mantle shelf which I would seldom wear.

You see I have pointer date, and even pointer week, watches; but I think I could chunner on quite a bit more about different movements if I had a pointer day too.  However only Oris seem to make them.

Jolly grateful if anyone knows of other manufacturers.  I have googled several times.

Cheers.

J

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

Jolly grateful if anyone knows of other manufacturers.  I have googled several times.

Zeno, and Seiko did a quartz.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

And these are around £100.

9995101_zoom.jpg?v=1546692886809

9995101b_zoom.jpg?v=1546692887357

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

quartz

Aha, that is a pointer date.  I am after a watch with the days of the week around the dial.  They don't look too good to be honest, but I feel my collection should have one.

oris-mens-artelier-small-second-pointer-

They're both considerably nicer looking than the (considerably better made) Oris.I I'm sure they're wonderful but those day pointer Oris just look... Weird. And awkward.

On the subject of awkward - If the top one was a Seiko cocktail time i'd be going off like a fire extinguisher.

Edited by ry ry

53 minutes ago, ry ry said:

Oris just look... Weird. And awkward.

Agreed, hence why I don't want to buy one, it's just novelty value, to go with my other weird and wonderful watches 

57079747_130122678058978_840341585323569

Maybe I could make one ...

Zeppelin Hindenburg Moonphase is pretty reasonably priced and has a day indicator dial (and date indicator... and a lot more):

product45339-0-7601_cropped.jpg.thumb_FF

Hope that helps! :)

Edited by alxbly
  • Thanks 1

It probably won't suit the budget but JLC makes a few... maybe a more vintage one might work for you.

20180829_180336

For more limited budgets try to find Cyma, Movado or Certina triple date watches which have pointer dates and should around the £500 mark give or take a bit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Daveyboyz said:

pointer date

Pointer day.  Monday, Tuesday etc.  Round the dial.  Like an Oris, and, erm, well, another Oris. :laugh::(:biggrin:

• Confused 1

Two of my Movado triple dates. The Calendomatic on the left is from 1950/52 and has a 223A calibre movement, the Calendograph is a similar age and has a calibre 470 movement.

large.53574183_2251959788376772_3453536658153013248_n.jpg.c8fa01f7904156a68d3c706c01cf011e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1