• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Lug

Omega CK2292 - RAF watch. Very early.. Your thoughts welcomed

I just picked this beauty up and offering it here for your valued thoughts..

According to the serial number 9738715 this was manufactured in 1939. Does anyone know why the movement wouldn't have been marked 30T2? Or is this movement different/earlier?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

Jeez, reading the dating site wrongly! 9,000,000 – 9,999,999 dates from 1939-1944!

• Like 1

Cheers, i've just ordered a sexy new old stock Phoenix Nato strap in admiralty grey... 

On 29/05/2019 at 19:27, Lug said:

I just picked this beauty up and offering it here for your valued thoughts..

According to the serial number 9738715 this was manufactured in 1939. Does anyone know why the movement wouldn't have been marked 30T2? Or is this movement different/earlier?

Have you had a good look under the balance ? Mine is marked and its from the same era looking at the serial no's Yours would be the 30T2 SC with centre seconds :thumbsup:

DSC_8611_zpsd4tmcc69DSC_8610_zpsbss2sp4c

Edited by andyclient
  • Like 1

these navigator watches were supplied to the RAF in 1942 and 1942, and the military part number is 6B/159.  Yours looks really nice, and has the original hands

DSC_0148.thumb.JPG.4cb0ce431af9c209b810f3710afc950d.JPG

• Like 1

On 10/06/2019 at 14:48, scottswatches said:

these navigator watches were supplied to the RAF in 1942 and 1942, and the military part number is 6B/159.  Yours looks really nice, and has the original hands

DSC_0148.thumb.JPG.4cb0ce431af9c209b810f3710afc950d.JPG

Thanks for the info, i'll have to take another photo of it wearing its new strap!

Looking at the issue number A279 does that mean its likely to be an earlier model maybe?

Quite possibly, but I am also going to throw a huge warning in here too.  The case back marking are easy to fake, and they were faked too from a long time ago as they increased the value of the watch.  People with more knowledge than me may be able to advise more, but whenever I see a military watch I double and then triple check everything I can.  Then I think about it.

Nothing on your watch sets off alarm bells for me, but just be aware that more research isn't a bad idea.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scottswatches said:

Quite possibly, but I am also going to throw a huge warning in here too.  The case back marking are easy to fake, and they were faked too from a long time ago as they increased the value of the watch.  People with more knowledge than me may be able to advise more, but whenever I see a military watch I double and then triple check everything I can.  Then I think about it.

Nothing on your watch sets off alarm bells for me, but just be aware that more research isn't a bad idea.

Thanks that is good advice

• Like 1