Jump to content
  • Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, GASHEAD said:

If only Rolex did this. Oh, and had some watches in stock. :laugh:

The two Timex models I've been interested in aren't in stock either... :(

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had shipping notification yesterday. Its coming Monday! :yahoo:Trying to kerb my enthusiasm a bit and I'm not sure whether it's going to wear too big for my liking... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/05/2019 at 16:48, JacobMoogberg said:

The two Timex models I've been interested in aren't in stock either... :(

Wonder if we will now have to suffer a million threads about Timex withholding sports watches from the public.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's just pitched up. And it looks just as good as I thought it would. BUT I do know exactly why I don't really like to buy quartz. Second hand just doesn't line up whatsoever.  :( However I'm still very happy. Its pretty Marmite mind.

47992306073_f185df550e_b.jpgTimex Mk1 California by a_t_b321, on Flickr

Mk1 California.

It came in delivery packaging and a padded envelope inside. A white cardboard slip and then a grey Timex branded box which is understated and neat. Inside there is a warranty card, the watch (on a pillow) with a plastic dial protector and a hang tag.

Positives

  • For a 40mm wears very nicely on a small wrist
  • Aluminium case
  • Good looking nato
  • Indiglo
  • Hacks
  • 30m water resistance is fine for the beach and around the pool. I would say perfect for the summer
  • £63 is a bargain
  • LOUD tick

Niggles

  • All the pictures show the crown as flush with the case but it stands off slightly to allow for a push which illuminates the dial.
  • If I'm being super picky, the coating protrudes into the lug space at the 12 o'clock position. Most wouldn't notice, but I do on close inspection
  • Returns sheet looks like its been through a photocopier a million times. How difficult is it to print one off on a laser printer?

Not sure how well the finish on the case is going to hold up, but I think it's a better to have the neutral coloured case than one of the very deeply coloured anodising when it ages. I do like the black/light blue colourway though. 20% sale is still on.

https://www.timex.co.uk/mk1-california-40mm-fabric-strap-watch/MK1-California-40mm-Fabric-Strap-Watch.html?dwvar_MK1-California-40mm-Fabric-Strap-Watch_color=Tan-Pink&cgid=MK1#start=1

Edited by al_kaholik
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/05/2019 at 16:48, JacobMoogberg said:

The two Timex models I've been interested in aren't in stock either... :(

The Q? Because that's currently getting scalped to hell and back on eBay. I'm not paying £300 for one ffs :/

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, al_kaholik said:

It's just pitched up. And it looks just as good as I thought it would. BUT I do know exactly why I don't really like to buy quartz. Second hand just doesn't line up whatsoever.  :( However I'm still very happy. Its pretty Marmite mind.

47992306073_f185df550e_b.jpgTimex Mk1 California by a_t_b321, on Flickr

Mk1 California.

It came in delivery packaging and a padded envelope inside. A white cardboard slip and then a grey Timex branded box which is understated and neat. Inside there is a warranty card, the watch (on a pillow) with a plastic dial protector and a hang tag.

Positives

  • For a 40mm wears very nicely on a small wrist
  • Aluminium case
  • Good looking nato
  • Indiglo
  • Hacks
  • 30m water resistance is fine for the beach and around the pool. I would say perfect for the summer
  • £63 is a bargain
  • LOUD tick

Niggles

  • All the pictures show the crown as flush with the case but it stands off slightly to allow for a push which illuminates the dial.
  • If I'm being super picky, the coating protrudes into the lug space at the 12 o'clock position. Most wouldn't notice, but I do on close inspection
  • Returns sheet looks like its been through a photocopier a million times. How difficult is it to print one off on a laser printer?

Not sure how well the finish on the case is going to hold up, but I think it's a better to have the neutral coloured case than one of the very deeply coloured anodising when it ages. I do like the black/light blue colourway though. 20% sale is still on.

https://www.timex.co.uk/mk1-california-40mm-fabric-strap-watch/MK1-California-40mm-Fabric-Strap-Watch.html?dwvar_MK1-California-40mm-Fabric-Strap-Watch_color=Tan-Pink&cgid=MK1#start=1

Good choice and love the colour.. ready for a long hot summer :thumbs_up:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ry ry said:

The Q? Because that's currently getting scalped to hell and back on eBay. I'm not paying £300 for one ffs :/

That one (although I agree it's a nice beater and little more, even the list price is kind if steep) and the limited white automatic Peanuts-collaboration. 

TW2R94800.jpg?sw=900&sh=900&sm=fit&sfrm=

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...