• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Cassie-O

Two Casios and a Pulsar

This is the Pulsar Ana-Digi PZ4021X1 watch for £49.99 from Amazon UK. I had looked at this model for a while, but I was unsure as many reviewers state the digital display is difficult to read. Anyway, I decided that I would try it myself and I am glad did. If you have the watch at an angle you can only see a black dial and the hands, you have to look at the dial straight on before you can see the digital display. I have no problems reading it. Also, in the reviews some people stated it was a nuisance to set up, I had no difficulty at all. I love it as it looks so different to any other watch I have in my collection. Plenty of the usual features such as: timer, stopwatch, world time and alarms, everything you would expect a digital watch would have. It also has the optional hourly beep signal, which I don’t normally bother about but it’s nice to have. The lume and backlight are good enough not great, but decent enough at the price. Overall, for £49.99 I am happy as I have something different in my collection!

vhnOuRr.jpg

The second newbie is the Casio Edifice EFR-539D-1A2VUEF, also from Amazon UK for £97.27.  This model comes in black or blue, I decided on the blue as it looked so unusual in the product pictures and looks even better in real life.  Lovely blue markers, also around the chronograph dials, aswell as the bezel.  As far as I can see by cupping my hands around the face the lume and illumination seem bright enough, but not as bright as the Seiko SKX007, as that is by far the best lume in my collection.  It isn’t as heavy as I thought it would be.  I had to have six links removed, so I think that must have quite a size of bracelet even for a man to wear it.  Really happy with my first Casio Edifice.  

T9djuOs.jpg

The third and final watch I received today was another Casio Edifice, this time model  EFA-120L-1A1VEF from Amazon UK priced £62.85.  I had looked at this watch for a while but reviews put dissuaded me as they said that the digital display was impossible to read and it was a hassle to set up.  I will agree with them that it was a hassle to set up, especially as I missed the time and had to press the button through another 12 hours.  However, I noticed after I had done that, that there was a reverse button so that would have saved a bit of time (excuse the pun).  The buttons are very fiddly as stated by a reviewer on Amazon, but I wouldn’t let that put me off.  The strap says “Tough Leather” and I will agree that it is tough leather, but comfortable to wear.  Really like the red stitching on the black strap, a nice contrast.  It includes all of the usual features of a digital: stopwatch, timer, alarms, hourly beep, illuminator, and water resistance to 100m. I do think the temperature on the watch is a little wonky though, that doesn't bother me in the least.  Only lume on the hands and not on the markers, however the backlight is a rather brightly coloured green and easy enough to see.  As I wrote in the WRUW thread, it does look in the picture that the digital display is faint, but it is easy to see!  Very happy with this one too!

T5wQfI8.jpg

Thanks for reading!

Cassie :king: 

• Like 3

Yeah 3 great additions to your collection, and as Roger says the blue Edifice is stunning, I really like the look of the other Edifice though, just looks so different. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

On 01/06/2019 at 17:25, The Mystery Bidder said:

Really happy with my first Casio Edifice. 

I've got two now and they really are solidly built. I find some of the designs are overdone, but the simpler chronos are nice and that blue is stunning.

I don't get on with Casio bracelets at all, mine have migrated to straps.

• Like 1

The third one the Casio EFA 120L is cool reminds me of a Tag Monaco 69 a bit

• Like 1