• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Roy

Bargain Light Box

They’re very good,IMO.

Forum stalwart gave me some good advice regarding capturing better images. :thumbsup:

I passed on the stilettos though!

:biggrin:

• Haha 1

I got my first light box from Scan computers in Preston for around £10. Came with two lights and I replaced the bulbs with LEDs that made a huge difference to the colour (and operating temp).

In Thailand I’ve found one for around £50 and this was including an LED base that I purchased separately to complement the two LED strips in the top corners of the box:

99b76c2f327e95baae2b9db91fc7c316.jpg

For anyone looking to either sell items or to just improve their photography skills then a light tent is the best outlay you can make. Roy’s tent is an absolute bargain; definitely give it a go if you have the space.

Ordered one of these and it came today. Tried out some shots with it and for £6, you can't go wrong! Only drawback I've found is that the supplied USB lead for the LED strip at the front is a bit short, but I soon found a phone charger with a 6' lead on it which is ideal.

Some very quick shots just to try it out...didn't have much time so will experiment more another time.

Casio Rangeman...(all these shots were taken against the black background, it also comes with a white one.

New light box.

Citizen Orca...here I needed to adjust the position slightly, then I would have lost the reflections of the LEDs in the crystal. This is the pic as taken...

New light box.

...and this is it after cropping to remove the white side on the left.

New light box.

Same with this 'Sawtooth'...before,

New light box.

And after cropping.

New light box.

Spork.

New light box.

This is my setup for most pics, unless I'm outside.

New light box.

New light box.

New light box.

• Like 4