• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
SantiOriginal

Timex SSQ reviving possible?

A while ago i have bumped into a Timex SSQ and fell in love with it. I love the shape and form of the watch, so i am wearing it on my wrist. But ... not functioning... "your watch is dead" , people are telling me. As i am not an expert in watches i did open the inside of the Timex to see what was going on. Immediately - of course - i saw the corrosion damaged by the battery cell. 
Well, my question is: 

- is it repairable?
- Does anyone know to point me in the right direction?
- Does it need a new module? 
- Any suggestions will be helpfull: i'm not going to throw my Timex SSQ away :)

After i opened the watch, i carefully closed it again. Better be looked by a person who really knows what he's talking about.

But i took pictures, so i you can see what i saw. 

eti5h4.jpgnb52fc.jpg5xkk9i.jpg2qxlukx.jpgrm1c1y.jpg205pftt.jpgsbtzr9.jpgxl9mr7.jpg

Well, hope somebody can help me ! 

Greetings, 

Santi
Tilburg, the Netherlands.

• Like 1

I'm afraid that the cell looks to have leaked and the movement is ruined.  You might be able to find a working watch for spares and swap the movement 

• Like 1

Must have been another thread, but I remember someone suggested strikesandspares.eu, they specialize in led modules and repairs.

• Like 1

Do new LCD module replacement exist?

I saw a website  - strikesandspares - that provides new LED modules for old LED watches. So i was wondering if the same goes for LCD watches. 

On 05/06/2019 at 13:04, spinynorman said:

Must have been another thread, but I remember someone suggested strikesandspares.eu, they specialize in led modules and repairs.

Or are LED and LCD modules interchangeable? Thinking about it: can a LED module be placed in a watch-case that was meant for LCD?