• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

You paid less than £125.00 (inflation adjusted) - your best timepiece (new or 2nd hand)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bang on the £125 new a couple of sales ago. Definitely a favourite:

New, under £100.   Second hand £110

Most accurate timepiece I own. Haven't had to adjust it apart from daylight savings, weighs nothing, gets as wet as any of my divers and hasn't died, goes with pretty much anything, lume lasts fo

Most accurate timepiece I own.

Haven't had to adjust it apart from daylight savings, weighs nothing, gets as wet as any of my divers and hasn't died, goes with pretty much anything, lume lasts forever, fits under a cuff, won't get stolen, legible as hell and comfy.

oivqb.jpg

Edited by ry ry
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, ry ry said:

Haven't had to adjust it apparently from daylight savings

I like it!

lol my best timekeeper is sub £50.00 Timex ha ha ha!  same here, still exactly right since back end of March!

Edited by Jet Jetski
  • Like 1

probably my 7t32 which is mint and boxed with papers from 1996 i got a bargain. and my Great blue with box and papers which was on the money. But bargain of the lot has to go to the Pulsar dual time chrono with all the functions of a t32 and dating to about 2001 in very good nick for 28 quid. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, WRENCH said:

Less than £25.

I paid a bit more than that for my Zim, in a UFO case, but I didn't get any lume :(

1 hour ago, Nigelp said:

28 quid

Showing off now .... :biggrin:

1 hour ago, Teg62x said:

Second hand £110

That's fantastic

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

I paid a bit more than that for my Zim, in a UFO case, but I didn't get any lume :(

Showing off now .... :biggrin:

like with cars i don't pay a lot, the t34 Royal Oak with a full service, new crystal and battery came in at 70 quid. 

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Bonzodog said:

Serviced and refurbed

How old is that?

1 minute ago, Nigelp said:

Royal Oak with a full service, new crystal and battery came in at 70 quid. 

Hmmm ...  I thought I was quite good at bargains.  

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

How old is that?

Hmmm ...  I thought I was quite good at bargains.  

ive been doing it with cars for years, so the knack soon transfers to watches. 

• Like 1

Brand New would be the Starking AM0184SS11 with in house 28,800 movement (Shenzhen Jingrui SK1813-S) cost a whopping £36, have a few watches (orient bambino as an example) that i could have chosen under £125, but pound for pound this has to been best value and also a style that I really like.

Starking AM0184SS11 (Shenzhen Jingrui SK1813-S)

Second hand is a harder one, can't decide between the Orient Symphony  FER2700CW0 (cal-48743) which I got for £60

Orient Symphony  FER2700CW0 (Cal-48743)

or the Grovana 2094.9132 (Ronda 5030.D) which cost £69, both watches were near perfect for being used. If anything, the Grovana was probably the biggest saver money wise, but I like them both, so it's hard to pick one.

Grovana 2094.9132 (Ronda 5030.D)

• Like 6
30 minutes ago, alxbly said:

Only one

but we mad, 'cos u stylin on us :laugh:

24 minutes ago, Graham60 said:

Grovana 2094.9132

I'm a big chrono fan, so I'm going with the Grovana - like the red chrono second hand, and the black running seconds.  On my similar chronos though, I always wish the running seconds had a bit of lume, especially on the autos, so you know they are running when you check them in the dark - I swear if / when I have my Gucci 7750 serviced, I'm going to get the running second hand lumed on the tip ...

4 hours ago, Nigelp said:

probably my 7t32 which is mint and boxed with papers from 1996 i got a bargain. and my Great blue with box and papers which was on the money. But bargain of the lot has to go to the Pulsar dual time chrono with all the functions of a t32 and dating to about 2001 in very good nick for 28 quid. 

pic or it didn't happen - not the best bargain, the best timepiece you have at the price point!  sounds like your  '96 7t32?

• Haha 1
18 hours ago, Teg62x said:

New, under £100.

4470-E911-70-B4-454-A-B4-D6-0-C2-AAE4-E2

Love that Citizen and for under 100... are they still available??

This Orient was £125 including shiping from US used but in mint condition..

QqF1T7a.jpg

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Autonomous said:

Love that Citizen and for under 100... are they still available??

This Orient was £125 including shiping from US used but in mint condition..

QqF1T7a.jpg

Not sure mate I bought it on a recent trip to Amsterdam, was €108 which I think was about £96. Small jewellery shop just off Dam square, I will see if I can find the address. 

• Like 1

Most of my collection are under £125 anyway, so I'll just pick a couple of recent examples, starting with a brand new TW Steel at £114.99 bought towards the end of last year:

20180821_122011

And my most recent used Fat Face, at a bargain £35.00:

20190530_133635

:yahoo:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1