• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

On the brink of another watch!

Thanos

Having purchased my TAG Chronograph at Christmas and discussion on here, I have, as expected, had thoughts of another purchase. What started it was having more of my dads old watches adjusted. His gold watch that I posted about now fits me and his cheapo Claude Valentini watch. I'll post a few photos or even a video in due course.

I am off to the shop on Saturday to try out this lovely Tissot. Caught my eye in the window display and it is stunning! I shall keep you posted.

https://www.cwsellors.co.uk/collections/tissot-watches/products/tissot-watch-seastar-1000-automatic-t1204071704100

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Thanos said:

Having purchased my TAG Chronograph at Christmas and discussion on here, I have, as expected, had thoughts of another purchase. What started it was having more of my dads old watches adjusted. His gold watch that I posted about now fits me and his cheapo Claude Valentini watch. I'll post a few photos or even a video in due course.

I am off to the shop on Saturday to try out this lovely Tissot. Caught my eye in the window display and it is stunning! I shall keep you posted.

https://www.cwsellors.co.uk/collections/tissot-watches/products/tissot-watch-seastar-1000-automatic-t1204071704100

i tried on this exact watch at the weekend ,,, and bought one yesterday , but went for black dial on steel bracelet...  If you want yours at 20% discount , then PM me and will give you the link to the UK AD .... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Davey P said:

Lots of love for Tissot around here - In fact, I can't remember seeing a single bad comment about the brand on here, so you won't go far wrong with that choice mate :thumbs_up:

Actually , never thought of that but you are spot on ,,, it really does seem to be the Brand of love ...:yes:

You ever gravitated towards one Davey ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

Actually , never thought of that but you are spot on ,,, it really does seem to be the Brand of love ...:yes:

You ever gravitated towards one Davey ?

Blimey, that's the second time I've got something right this week... :yahoo:

They're nice watches, and the Seastar in that link looks right up my street, with nice big chunky hands and a decent rubber strap.  However, there are several reasons why I haven't tried them out.  One is the cost, which is above my comfort zone, and the other is the fact that most are automatic, which is well documented on here as being not my cuppa tea.  Sorry guys, I've tried to like 'em, but they just don't do it for me (automatic watches in general I mean, not just Tissot).  I can't believe I haven't been banned from the forum on that point alone :laugh:

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Blimey, that's the second time I've got something right this week... :yahoo:

They're nice watches, and the Seastar in that link looks right up my street, with nice big chunky hands and a decent rubber strap.  However, there are several reasons why I haven't tried them out.  One is the cost, which is above my comfort zone, and the other is the fact that most are automatic, which is well documented on here as being not my cuppa tea.  Sorry guys, I've tried to like 'em, but they just don't do it for me (automatic watches in general I mean, not just Tissot).  I can't believe I haven't been banned from the forum on that point alone :laugh:

You can get some amazing deals from time to time on Pre-owned quartz Tissot... so don't give up matey.....

Mine just arrived .... Hirsch strap arrives in a couple of days so will be wearing it then for a day to try it out so will pop some pictures on here then..... Bought it on the bracelet and i must say the quality of the bracelet is incredible for the money.... ( apart from the cheap hing clasp part ) .... its easily up there with £1000+ watches on the bracelet...

On 05/06/2019 at 19:22, Stuart2103 said:

Tempted by one of these Tissots...

Do you guys know if they do this tasty blue version on a bracelet?

Tissot-Seastar-1000-Powermatic-80-11-of-

I couldn't find one. I have one of the above watches but haven't worn it yet. Just not sure I like the rubber strap. You can buy separate Tissot bracelets but not overly cheap and from memory 21mm so not as much choice.

• Thanks 1

Well I’ve been to try it on today and it’s excellent. Feels lighter than my Casio G-Shock and obviously lighter than my TAG which is on a bracelet. 

It will make the perfect work watch. I’ll safeguard the TAG for other uses or the occasional appearance at work. 

Order placed online with a big discount courtesy of Jon. Cheers :thumbsup:

Here’s the current collection. The majority left to me by my dad in his will. Including the cheapo Claude Valentini. 

My own purchases are the second square dial Rotary, the G-Shock and the TAG. 

I also have my own round dial Rotary at work on a steel bracelet. Had it years and it’s scratched to bits so I keep it at work in case I know I’m heading somewhere likely to risk damage to my watch. Then I’ll put it on. 

15-B5969-A-A469-41-C1-B25-E-15-C41-F68-F

67131272-F82-B-4-AAE-BBF3-1672-D8214-D54

69-B7-E439-0-B2-F-439-C-83-A3-AC3-C76-E0

8080-C026-7217-461-B-B062-40-D25-F4-B3-D

8639-FF46-86-C7-436-A-932-D-566-B79-AFF8

B4-BB8-A52-7-FE8-4-AD0-AAB0-8281-A8-A10-

CBF15652-D566-44-AB-89-B2-84-B48-EF5-CDB

D1387-BD5-DC7-D-43-C6-A3-C6-E3-F72-DB413

F78-F2-D7-C-9-E3-A-4-C1-A-961-A-56208-B6

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Thanos said:

Well I’ve been to try it on today and it’s excellent. Feels lighter than my Casio G-Shock and obviously lighter than my TAG which is on a bracelet. 

It will make the perfect work watch. I’ll safeguard the TAG for other uses or the occasional appearance at work. 

Order placed online with a big discount courtesy of Jon. Cheers :thumbsup:

Here’s the current collection. The majority left to me by my dad in his will. Including the cheapo Claude Valentini. 

My own purchases are the second square dial Rotary, the G-Shock and the TAG. 

I also have my own round dial Rotary at work on a steel bracelet. Had it years and it’s scratched to bits so I keep it at work in case I know I’m heading somewhere likely to risk damage to my watch. Then I’ll put it on. 

GREAT collection.... the Tissot will be in good company ... Bravo Sir :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

Payment made today via PayPal and with the money I saved, I opted for 1 year insurance and still paid about £100 less than RRP. 

I have ordered an automatic watch winder off Amazon and the jewellers have advised me of the correct settings for my watch. 

Looking forward to it’s arrival now. 

8 hours ago, Thanos said:

Payment made today via PayPal and with the money I saved, I opted for 1 year insurance and still paid about £100 less than RRP. 

I have ordered an automatic watch winder off Amazon and the jewellers have advised me of the correct settings for my watch. 

Looking forward to it’s arrival now. 

Why did you pay for insurance? Doesn't the watch come with a warranty?

Strap for mine arrived today , [ tried a 22mm to "squeeze" in and for this particular design that's a no-no. The drilled pin holes in the lugs are central and because contact area with the lug insides is fairly big , a 22m strap would just not turn on spring bars correctly ] ..... so here is mine :

DSCF4828.JPG

• Like 2