• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Jet Jetski

Strap 'docking' - can I report him?

Gave a nice gunmetal titanium diver to a friend, since he was walking around with a badly worn watch and smashed crystal, and has other priorities right now - so far so good.  He didn't get on with the bracelet, so I added my CWC genuine 'admiralty grey' PVD Nato, still feeling charitable and happy thus far.  Today I noticed he had cut the tail off the strap.  Is there some style 'kangaroo court' I can drag him before, and if so, does it undo my friendly gesture?  I thought he was an OK guy, deserving a bit better luck, I dunno.  Very conflicted right now.  But I'm fine with it.  I mean the strap will never go over his wetsuit now, but whatever.  I'm not bothered.  Do I sound bothered? :taz:   :laughing2dw:  Couldn't find the 'smiling through gritted teeth' emoji!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

Kill him. 

Sorry to be harsh, it's the only sensible course of action though. Buy some quicklime to get rid of the body and tell his family he ran away to join the circus.

I recently bought a citizen scuba which I've wanted for a while. Same deal... someone has lopped about 3 inches off the (expensive!) Rubber strap.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Genuine CWC, as issued, Admiralty Grey, PVD hardware to match the watch, NATO G10, perfect for a practically unworn, new, Royal Marines Citizen Diver, 300m, solar powered.  Perfect.  In every way conceivable.  I just hope he decides to take up skin-diving.  Then he'll be sorry.  I am gonna leave leaflets on his desk - 'Join your local sub-aqua club'!  :yes:

3 minutes ago, kevkojak said:

someone has lopped about 3 inches off the (expensive!) Rubber strap.

You'll get over it soon.  OK, maybe not soon.  I've pretty much let it go.  As you can tell.  Putting the watch back on the original bracelet was very much part of the charitable deal lol.  But 'Oooh, the bracelet digs in'  OF COURSE IT DIGS IN, IT'S A ROYAL MARINES WATCH, THEIR MOTTO IS 'DIG IN OR DIE'.   Anyway, have my best watch-strap too, and CHOP IT UP.  NATO.  CWC.  Admiralty Grey.  As issued to those who must not be named.  Fine.  Over it now. G1098.  Done.

• Haha 2