• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
kevkojak

Help with a movement swap please.

Long winded story this one, so to cut it short;

@Nigelp bought a Seiko 7t42 project, decent condition but it turned out to be dead.

Same week I bought a job-lot of broken watches, one of which happened to be the same watch as Nigels (different dial) in very poor cosmetic condition but working (weakly).
In my wisdom, in correcting a very simple issue with the hands (hour hand was bent down touching the dial so had jammed) I've lost some sub-dial hands off mine, so it's a total lost cause.

Nigel has offered his watch up for free, as have I with mine. Both cost about 20 quid but a working one of these calibres is worth £100+.

What we need is a watchmaker (or amateur tinkerer) to swap the dial and hands off Nigels watch onto my movement, then stick it back in his case.  Simple really.  :laughing2dw:

I'm happy to pay for the job, but please be aware that whatever comes out of this is then to be auctioned for charity, probably on this very forum. Half the proceeds are for @Roy for the running costs pot, half for whatever charity me and Nigel decide.

Here is the link to the 7T42 thread with all the info on;  

Many thanks in advance.

Don't all shout at once eh?  :)

• Thanks 1

Pop it in the post.
Thanks simon can you pm me where to send it please. Thanks Nigel

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

These are some pics. One of the hands on the 9 subdial is on the dial.c307d2baccd9b45edcf53bfadc63aa84.jpg77c574f6df989ca44e45fb92903e1e39.jpg6c1adab232384a877659fbb2fff76923.jpg700c0d593aa456a49b8bfafdcdfb3273.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

@simon2 you're an absolute star, but I'm not convinced mine is working now - it stopped early this morning (hour and minute hand in the same position though, so maybe just touched each other and stopped?)

• Thanks 1

as per @kevkojak on the other thread it can't proceed as a movement swap now as his has died to. If it is still possible to repair I'll send it to simon and proceed as agreed if all works out?

3 minutes ago, kevkojak said:

@simon2 you're an absolute star, but I'm not convinced mine is working now - it stopped early this morning (hour and minute hand in the same position though, so maybe just touched each other and stopped?)

i'll pm simon see what he wants me to do. 

36 minutes ago, simon2 said:

Pop it in the post.

i'll pm you simon 

• Thanks 1

I think its going to cause more hassle for everyone sending it about than its worth with the time involved, i'll have a play with it myself. Thanks to all concerned Nigel 

No sweat Nigel. My apologies mate. I'm still happy to donate mine to the pile if you want, just PM me - it'll only be sat here gathering dust.