• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
kevkojak

I buy some proper rubbish!

Here you go, I've just emptied my spares box, and amongst all the old bracelets and "bits" are a couple of dozen duff Seiko watches.

Some really good stuff here but they are all paperweights in their current form.  Coming to a popular auction site near you soon!    :laugh:
The orange 7t32 (Sport 150) is a real disappointment, I owned the same watch years ago and waited the best part of a decade for another to come up for sale, but it is totally dead.

Likewise with the rare bi-metal Auto-Relay.  It's ticking away merrily but the minute and hour hands will only run for a few minutes then sit still while the second hand carries on going. 
Pull the crown and the hands set perfectly!   Stupid watches.   

Most of the ladies ones work ok but there's bugger all market for them.   :rolleyes:

DSC07106.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think you need to change the title of this thread , I would not call this little collection rubbish , there are some great pieces in there that maybe just lack a little love and attention , especially like the middle one bottom row with yellow sub dials . 

If possible @kevkojak could you pm me you auction name so I can keep my eye out . Thanks John 

Sounds like most machines kev all break down eventually good while theyre running and a useless pain in the backside when theyre not.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

And me too i really do. All good fun at least with a watch im not stood at the side of the road scratching my head in the rain waiting for the RAC

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Thank you for posting this, it makes me feel slightly better about the much smaller collection of dead Seiko watches that I've accumulated.

I'm still at the "if I could just find another watch to rob bits off I could make one that works" phase. However, my actual experience suggests this isn't true. I think I need help.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, relaxer7 said:

That's a shame - the sport 150 looks a beaut too!

Out of the whole lot, that's the only one I really kicked myself over.  It's not quite worth the eye-watering fee Seiko would want to service it, but it's a real pity not to have it running.

Thats interesting my t34 is a 'sports 150' according to the script in the 6oclock subdial. Its a 1990. 

thev one sometimes nicknamed the royal oak. 

11 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

Thats interesting my t34 is a 'sports 150' according to the script in the 6oclock subdial. Its a 1990. 

thev one sometimes nicknamed the royal oak. 

There were quite a lot of those Nigel, it just refers to the 150m water resistance. All the old 4 sub-dial flightmasters were the same branding too. 

Slightly more sought after are the Sport 200 chronograph models, not many of those about.  

• Thanks 1