• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
JoT

Today I Bought .....

The one and only Sir Elton.  Best musician ever! :king:

2eH744F.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Stan said:

A Henry extension hose and an extra tool adaptor.:rolleyes:

Good no-nonsense machines

Won two items on ebay...a collectors limited edition slip cover for my Dr. Strange dvd, and a copy of the Clean Bandit cd 'What is Love' deluxe version with 4 extra tracks.

2 hours ago, JoT said:

Good no-nonsense machines

They are John, but don't get me started on vacuum cleaners.:biggrin:

• Haha 1

Two long sleeve polo shirts, sweater, 5 T-shirts, chinos - winter's clothes shopping done - and not one designer logo :biggrin:

• Thanks 1

For some obscure reason this morning I was reminded about the friction powered toy cars as I had as a kid.  A couple of minutes later I'd ordered this from Japan.  I can't wait :laugh:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, WRENCH said:

Bargain bin at Tkmaxx.

137863068.jpg

And a new cagoule.

7323450064945_FW18_a_anorak_no_8_m_21.jp

Fjallraven is good gear, that one in the pic retails at over £400 but TKmaxx as some great buys, just got to be lucky, go back another day and its gone.

35 minutes ago, sabailand said:

Fjallraven is good gear, that one in the pic retails at over £400 but TKmaxx as some great buys, just got to be lucky, go back another day and its gone.

Unfortunately it wasn't out of TKmaxx. Downside of Fjallraven stuff to make it anything resembling waterproof it needs this,

T05_greenland_wax-11534-2.jpg

then it loses its breathability. Haven't checked this one, but the last one for all its "Nordic" marketing is " assembled " in Vietnam. Still, nothing more comfortable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Unfortunately it wasn't out of TKmaxx. Downside of Fjallraven stuff to make it anything resembling waterproof it needs this,

T05_greenland_wax-11534-2.jpg

then it loses its breathability. Haven't checked this one, but the last one for all its "Nordic" marketing is " assembled " in Vietnam. Still, nothing more comfortable.

As you`ll probably be aware quite a bit of `outdoor gear` is worn for fashion purposes, in fact i`d say a very large proportion of sales is for this reason, windproof, waterproof, warmth all come secondary to many, im a fashion victim myself.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, sabailand said:

As you`ll probably be aware quite a bit of `outdoor gear` is worn for fashion purposes, in fact i`d say a very large proportion of sales is for this reason, windproof, waterproof, warmth all come secondary to many, im a fashion victim myself.

Can't fault you on being a fashion victim :thumbsup:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Turpinr said:

Can't fault you on being a fashion victim :thumbsup:

:wink:Thanks, by the way whos that in your avatar, its not you in your prime is it?

12 minutes ago, sabailand said:

:wink:Thanks, by the way whos that in your avatar, its not you in your prime is it?

It's Randy Turpin, former world middle champion 1951

The Turpinr bit comes from how his name appeared in the program for a GB v USA international boxing event in 1946.

Turpin R GB vs Harold Anspach USA

Turpin, only 17 ko'd the vastly more experienced American in 90 seconds.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sabailand said:

I spent a lot of my working life in all weathers. In reality the most expensive is not necessarily the best, and if you're half way up the side of hill in lashing sleet, fashion isn't a priority. "Council" PVC waterproofs for the wet, a Donkey Jacket for the cold, and an unlined Driza -Bone short coat for the rest.

Two new toilet seats...on one, the soft close had broken so it slammed shut, and the other had got so stiff it wouldn't shut. The third one is still ok.

You can imagine my excitement when I spotted these in Tesco this evening!  :king:

6C6aGs3.jpgNKyy73F.jpg

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Cassie-O said:

You can imagine my excitement when I spotted these in Tesco this evening!  :king:

6C6aGs3.jpgNKyy73F.jpg

You have a serious problem!!! 

Get help!

:laughing2dw:

• Haha 2

On 23/10/2019 at 20:36, Cassie-O said:

6C6aGs3.jpgNKyy73F.jpg

How come you bought 2 of the 'Cushty!' items...one to keep and one to use?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

How come you bought 2 of the 'Cushty!' items...one to keep and one to use?

Got it in one!  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Pre-ordered since August, was released on Monday and finally Amazon have it in stock and I received it this afternoon.  :king:

EywUIMr.jpg