• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
JoT

Today I Bought .....

Two MCU films, 'Thor' and 'Avengers Assemble' (aka 'Avengers') brand new and complete with their collectors slip covers. This means my collection of all 22 MCU dvds is now complete with all the slip covers, with the exception of 'Captain Marvel' and 'Avengers: Endgame' where the dvds weren't issued with them (*only the Blu-Rays)...just got to wait until 11th Nov. when the final Phase 3 dvd 'Spider-man: Far from Home' is released.

From Phase 4, I will be collecting the Blu-Ray versions.

On 21/10/2019 at 15:53, sabailand said:

As you`ll probably be aware quite a bit of `outdoor gear` is worn for fashion purposes, in fact i`d say a very large proportion of sales is for this reason, windproof, waterproof, warmth all come secondary to many, im a fashion victim myself.

Possibly but sometimes it still serves its purpose. 

:)

@JonnyOldBoy

Some more overpriced Chav kit yesterday for our holidays. 

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

2019-10-27_11-02-11

7 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

Possibly but sometimes it still serves its purpose. 

:)

@JonnyOldBoy

Some more overpriced Chav kit yesterday for our holidays. 

2019-10-27_11-02-11

You won't believe this.... but I guessed Kappa before I even saw the post.... :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Cassie-O said:

Pre-ordered since August, was released on Monday and finally Amazon have it in stock and I received it this afternoon.  :king:

EywUIMr.jpg

I am sure I have watched a re run of this on " forces TV" freeview? actually this channel has a LOT of old tv series re runs comedy sc fi etc

deano

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, deano1956 said:

I am sure I have watched a re run of this on " forces TV" freeview? actually this channel has a LOT of old tv series re runs comedy sc fi etc

deano

Forces TV is a fantastic channel.  I only realised how good it was when @JoT told me about it a few months ago and got me hooked on "The Equalizer"! TalkingPicturesTV is great too.  :king:

Edited by Cassie-O

3 minutes ago, Cassie-O said:

TalkingPicturesTV

yes watch this in afternoon (working from home enables) there is another one as well " retro movies ".are we  showing our age now :biggrin:

deano

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

You won't believe this.... but I guessed Kappa before I even saw the post.... :thumbsup:

Being a bit council in posh places is a bit of a hobby of mine. Because it was the big birthdays this year 60/65 we already have been to and are going to another hotel that is a bit more upmarket than we would usually go to, dressed for dinner sort of place on this next one. 

They won't know what's hit them when Big M & I rock up fully Chaved up, Union Jack towels on our sunbeds and drinking pints of Vodka & Red Bull with Jägers Bomb chasers. 

We can't wait 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

We can't wait 

I used to deliver the newspapers to the guy who imports Kappa, makes a difference to John Lennon. Anyway, they used to have sales in the local hotel, then it's only a 45 minute drive to Gleneagles. The staff await you. 

GL944790.jpg

• Haha 1

A new battery pack for my Dyson DC59 Animal vacuum. The old one wasn't holding the charge anymore. Lasted 6 years, though. Best vacuum ever.

A Wilkinson Sword long reach pruner as I need to trim some straggly branches hanging over the neighbours fence.. This saves me trying to balance on a ladder with secateurs. £10 off in Home Base.

Image result for wilkinson sword ultralight branch and shrub cutter

Technically it was bought yesterday, not today, but any excuse to post a pic of this bad boy will do :laughing2dw::

20191027_134534

:yahoo:

• Like 3

Went to Leeds, bought myself a pair of paul smith jeans, i find they`re the only brand that fit me true to size, a pair of Levis  will allegedly be the same inside leg length but can often be too long.

On ‎27‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 17:09, Roger the Dodger said:

A new battery pack for my Dyson DC59 Animal vacuum. The old one wasn't holding the charge anymore. Lasted 6 years, though. Best vacuum ever.

The DC59 is a v6 with a different motor(if Dyson is to be believed:biggrin:).

I have two V6's and they are good at what they do.

I suspect you used yours almost exclusively on standard power setting, that's why you got such a long life out of the battery.

On high power (MAX), Dyson batteries get hot. The cells (normally Samsung) are designed for such high power output, but it reduces the life span of the battery.

If you got a third party battery it will certainly not be of Dyson's original spec and will best be used on standard power only.:wink:

Imho, of course.:)

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Stan said:

The DC59 is a v6 with a different motor(if Dyson is to be believed:biggrin:).

I have two V6's and they are good at what they do.

I suspect you used yours almost exclusively on standard power setting, that's why you got such a long life out of the battery.

On high power (MAX), Dyson batteries get hot. The cells (normally Samsung) are designed for such high power output, but it reduces the life span of the battery.

If you got a third party battery it will certainly not be of Dyson's original spec and will best be used on standard power only.:wink:

Imho, of course.:)

Yes, Stan...always on standard setting...never needed to use the boost setting. And yes, it was a third party replacement pack, though it's nearly twice the mAh of the 2100mAh original. If it's anything like the difference between a Makita 3Ah and 5Ah battery like I had on my drills and impact drivers, the run time will be longer between charges. It wasn't worth spending too much on a 6 year old vacuum at this point. If I get another couple of years out of it, I'll be happy. Might look at Shark when I need a new machine, unless there are any other recommendations for a cordless stick vac. I always thought Dyson were missing a trick by not providing two batteries like you get with a drill or similar...one in use and one on charge.

37 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Yes, Stan...always on standard setting...never needed to use the boost setting. And yes, it was a third party replacement pack, though it's nearly twice the mAh of the 2100mAh original. If it's anything like the difference between a Makita 3Ah and 5Ah battery like I had on my drills and impact drivers, the run time will be longer between charges. It wasn't worth spending too much on a 6 year old vacuum at this point. If I get another couple of years out of it, I'll be happy. Might look at Shark when I need a new machine, unless there are any other recommendations for a cordless stick vac. I always thought Dyson were missing a trick by not providing two batteries like you get with a drill or similar...one in use and one on charge.

Shark are quite good by the reviews on the Tube, but I haven't seen one yet (come one family :laugh:).I don't know how good (or bad) they are.

There isn't  a perfect vacuum cleaner at this point in time, despite Mr Dyson's claims.

Nothing is perfect, certainly not vacuum cleaners. But some I take a fondness of my friend.:wink:

• Like 1

Technically, it was yesterday but I was too busy playing with it.  :thumbsup:  A new laptop, a Lenovo Ideapad L340.  Absolutely brilliant for watching Del Boy!  :king:  

• Like 1

Four pairs of Jockey trunks 100% cotton non of this tackle crushing elastane nonsense

Bloody expensive as well £34 in total

A refurbished Henry HVR 160 II from MyHenry- UK.:rolleyes:

It was bound to happen.:biggrin:  Rowena said "another vacuum cleaner?".

I told her I was sick of getting covered in sh!t when I emptied the bagless ones in the bin in our windy back yard.:angry:

Bearing in mind, she hasn't used a vacuum cleaner in years, she didn't argue.

I banned her from using one when she tried to vacuum up water with a Hoover Junior in the 1980's.:wink:

• Haha 3

A new mealworm feeder for my bird feeding station. The Great tits love these dried beetle larvae, but the magpies had been able to rob them all from the old feeder. This new one has a canopy over it to stop them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

A new mealworm feeder

Got a link please ?

12 hours ago, WRENCH said:

Got a link please ?

It's this one, Wrench...Robert Dyas have it in their sale for £5.99. The height of the cover is adjustable to prevent larger birds pinching the grub. It also keeps the rain off the food.

https://www.robertdyas.co.uk/chapelwood-mealworm-and-suet-bird-feeder