• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
JoT

Today I Bought .....

Bought some various presents for the wife for Christmas. All wrapped up and in the loft so I’m now all done. :biggrin:  If they didn’t have at least 20% off, I didn’t buy 'em! 

Some Calypso sunscreen and after sun for the great winter getaway at the end of next week. While you lot are freezing your nuts off here, I'll be in the Algarve sun for the next month...Christmas day on a lounger by the pool....:beach:

Roger's Miscellaneous Album.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Bonzodog said:

Barbour wax jacket and liner.

Which one did you get ?? I got a Border last week and have about 8 in all.

Have you got a pic of the liner please ?

Just bought a Barbour liner :laugh:

Edited by Turpinr

On 03/12/2019 at 16:35, Roger the Dodger said:

Some Calypso sunscreen and after sun for the great winter getaway at the end of next week. While you lot are freezing your nuts off here, I'll be in the Algarve sun for the next month...Christmas day on a lounger by the pool....:beach:

Roger's Miscellaneous Album.

Ok dont rub it in.......well on second thoughts you will be actually!:thumbsup:

• Haha 2

Well, not bought today but ordered today on behalf of my wife for me, a rubber strap for my SMPc for Christmas.

71332570-FABE-4-F11-B646-C0658-E0846-D0.

F5-EE83-E2-A194-4-E34-B99-B-EC75-A31-F2-

Edited by Steve D UK
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, BondandBigM said:

Some cooking oil and cheap readers for the sunbeds. 

2019-12-11_09-08-33

Seems you can't buy the no factor stuff anymore so this will have to do. 

+3 magnification for me too :thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turpinr said:

+3 magnification for me too :thumbsup:

I need a spare pair of glasses to look for my glasses which are usually stuck on the top of my head. 

:biggrin:

Getting old is a b!tch

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BondandBigM said:

I need a spare pair of glasses to look for my glasses which are usually stuck on the top of my head. 

Getting old is a b!tch

Yeah I know all about the glasses on the head bit.I keep mine on when I'm eating :laugh:

It's one thing failing after another when you're getting older, hips, knees, eyes, feet :( the lot.

12 minutes ago, Turpinr said:

It's one thing failing after another when you're getting older, hips, knees, eyes, feet :( the lot.

Yep but we are boozing our way through it. 

A couple of weeks ago I looked round to see where Big M had got to and she was on the deck by the wheely bins swearing blind the pavement jumped up at her and the other weekend I ended up in a jaggy hawthorn bush, ruined a perfectly good coat and Big M just left me where I fell. 

:huh:

Hey Ho more fun than sitting playing bingo in the retirement home across the road. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

A couple of weeks ago I looked round to see where Big M had got to and she was on the deck by the wheely bins swearing blind the pavement jumped up at her and the other weekend I ended up in a jaggy hawthorn bush, ruined a perfectly good coat and Big M just left me where I fell. 

Hey Ho more fun than sitting playing bingo in the retirement home across the road. 

give over youre only a young lad years of work in you yet. :laugh:

7 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

years of work in you yet. :laugh:

Not if I can get my hands on Big M's pension. 

It's only fair

I've done my time as her Toy Boy so it's payback time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

My missus has hit the deck more often than me when we've been drinking and those bushes have sometimes come to her rescue:laugh:

Last time she ended up with her nose bleeding all over a new jacket.....whoops !!!

2 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

Not if I can get my hands on Big M's pension. 

It's only fair

I've done my time as her Toy Boy so it's payback time. 

My last official day tomorrow :clap:although I've been on the sick since the beginning of November :yes:

Just had the call about my BB58 too and if they're offering a drinks menu, then it'll be champagne again tomorrow 

IMG-20191206-WA0012.jpeg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Turpinr said:

My last official day tomorrow :clap:

Envious or what, :biggrin:, about a year behind you , subject to the man coming back to me confirming I can retire and not live on the poverty line!

hope the watch collection goes well and its cheers on the new purchase

deano 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

I've done my time as her Toy Boy

I've always knew that from your picture. Ridden hard and put away wet. Lucky b@st@rd....

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, deano1956 said:

Envious or what, :biggrin:, about a year behind you , subject to the man coming back to me confirming I can retire and not live on the poverty line!

hope the watch collection goes well and its cheers on the new purchase

deano 

Thanks Deano.

I was going to finish next week anyway but while I've been off they've announced redundancies so I put in for it and was accepted :clap:

I've only been there 4 1/2 years so I won't get much but it's better than nothing.

Are you waiting on private/works pension news ?

3 minutes ago, BlueKnight said:

I've always knew that from your picture. Ridden hard and put away wet. Lucky b@st@rd....

yep its the dead flies which give it away in't it mate :laugh:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Turpinr said:

Are you waiting on private/works pension news ?

this week i set the wheels in motion had to get a IFa as I have accumulated 5 pensions in my working life, three Defined contribution, and two final salary , hope to retire at least a year  if not more ( fingers crossed) before my state pension @66. I also am hoping they start throwing redundancies out in this next year , been there 12 years so that would be a good leaving prezzie .

deano

• Like 1