• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
JoT

Today I Bought .....

I remember "84" . It was the year I bought the Romford Bypas.

hqdefault.jpg

The more astute amongst you will notice prior to 84 it was known as the Romford Bypass. I removed the last S and sold it to Bono for £6.99 so he would say "maths" instead of "math".

2 hours ago, jsud2002 said:

Fish and chips from Whitby and a multi coloured wifi smart bulb from Argos 

Which shop for the chips,trenchers,magpie the fisherman’s wife, the one over the bridge on the right or the one bit further down on the left?

On 04/02/2020 at 21:01, Turpinr said:

Nice one:thumbsup: I was was looking at those myself a bit back and like that colour the best.

Thanks,...you good taste,:wink: i changed my mind about which colour to get more than once, obviously ended up plumping for the blue.Its a good fit too and true to size, i got a medium.

Over the last few years Belstaff have moved into the mainstream fashion market in a big way, their jackets still have the unmistakable biker features but are designed with the fashion conscious in mind, a good buy.:)

Edited by sabailand
  • Thanks 1

Six new pleated thermal blinds for our French windows. Hillary's measured up and quoted £960, a local blind shop did the same and quoted £680 (with special [yeah right! :laugh:] discount), measured them myself and got a quote from Blinds 2 Go for less than half that. You just have to fit them yourself.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Six new pleated thermal blinds for our French windows. Hillary's measured up and quoted £960, a local blind shop did the same and quoted £680 (with special [yeah right! :laugh:] discount), measured them myself and got a quote from Blinds 2 Go for less than half that. You just have to fit them yourself.

My friend used Dunelm, they have a made 2 measure service, half the price of Hillary's. 

• Like 1

On 06/02/2020 at 23:48, sabailand said:

Over the last few years Belstaff have moved into the mainstream fashion market in a big way, their jackets still have the unmistakable biker features but are designed with the fashion conscious in mind, a good buy

I had an original leather Belstaff motorcycle jacket from the 1970's. Belstaff reissued it because it was used in "X Men" or something. The leather was 1/3 the thickness of the original. I also went to buy one of these, and it was very poorly made.

41t4XCb1W8L._AC_UX342_.jpg

I still have a couple and they are both good, if perhaps a little overpriced.

• Like 1

I threw a couple of bags of coffee in the trolley the other week only to discover when I got home that they were beans

So

49505383241_5deebeedd0_b.jpg

new razor , 16 blades & handle £ 18 delivered did not seem a bad deal ( been using aldi blades but don't last ! suppose you get what you pay for)

deano

lgIs3nX.jpg

On 08/02/2020 at 12:40, WRENCH said:

A shirt.

11012006_DkHthrGray_main_01.png?auto=for

Got quite a few Filson garments,takes for ever to break the damn things in.

33 minutes ago, Bonzodog said:

Got quite a few Filson garments,takes for ever to break the damn things in.

Especially the heavy duty Tin Cloth jackets. I've seen thinner lorry tarpaulins.

1 hour ago, WRENCH said:

Especially the heavy duty Tin Cloth jackets. I've seen thinner lorry tarpaulins.

Indeed ,I have a tin cloth shirt ,it’s like a straight jacket .