• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
JoT

Today I Bought .....

Just went over the corner shop to buy my lunch. Not a lot in there so I settled for a packet of cheddar and onion McCoy ridge cut crisps and a Chicken and mushroom pot noodle. I've already eaten the crisps and I'm waiting for the noodles in the pot noodle to absorb the water and cool down a little.

Edit: I've just added the sachet of soy sauce but it hasn't made it any more appetising.

Edited by Steve D UK

17 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Bought some LED strip to put round the tops of the kitchen units to blush the ceiling...yes, you've guessed...it was her idea, something she's seen on the telly.

Put them up today....can't see the point really, but apparently, it's the 'in' thing according to my little piranha, who's seen them on some TV make over programme. Must admit, when I left work, we were putting these systems in all the new houses we built...

Kitchen LEDs

Kitchen LEDs

2 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Great for garages. :thumbsup:

Boiler getting serviced tomorrow, floor protection.

Edited by WRENCH

1 minute ago, WRENCH said:

Boiler getting serviced tomorrow, floor protection.

Good idea...I just had mine changed last weekend. Far more efficient than the old Potterton Prima that we'd had for 25 years...can't even touch the rads now!

7 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

can't even touch the rads now!

Rad's ! Mine haven't been on for over a year, and my quarterly combined gas and electric bill is less than £100 :clap:

no more "Mr 262" . :laughing2dw:

63686-b5226f496c3a12881081c7f1f7c96d8b.j

58 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Rad's ! Mine haven't been on for over a year, and my quarterly combined gas and electric bill is less than £100 :clap:

no more "Mr 262" . :laughing2dw:

63686-b5226f496c3a12881081c7f1f7c96d8b.jy

You're paying (or you've been paying) too much! Even before the boiler was changed, I was paying £60/month electric (SSE) and £30/month gas (British Gas). Since I've retired, SSE have just refunded me £18 and cut my monthly DD to £58/month. Because I now have a much more efficient boiler, I'm expecting my gas bill to drop by a significant amount, so looking at at least an £8/ month drop. Total expected bill, around £80/month. I don't suscribe to these provider swapping schemes, as the minute you swap, they put their prices up, as I've seen loads of times before, and I also prefer to keep my providers seperate...ie don't put all your eggs in one basket.

8 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

You're paying (or you've been paying) too much!

9 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Total expected bill, around £80/month.

My last bill was £92 a QUARTER. That's £30.67 a month. And I'm paying too much ?

1 hour ago, WRENCH said:

my quarterly combined gas and electric bill is less than £100 :clap:

? Specsavers.

9 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

My last bill was £92 a QUARTER. That's £30.67 a month. And I'm paying too much ?

I apologise, Wrench, I missed the word 'quarter' and am grovelling as we speak. However, I still think that we are being pretty frugal in a standard four bed detatched. :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

I apologise, Wrench, I missed the word 'quarter' and am grovelling as we speak. However, I still think that we are being pretty frugal in a standard four bed detatched. 

I would agree. My new place is super insulated. I never worked out how many tons of wood I burned in a year in my old house, but it was considerable. It only cost me time and the upkeep of my saw and axe.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

I would agree. My new place is super insulated. I never worked out how many tons of wood I burned in a year in my old house, but it was considerable. It only cost me time and the upkeep of my saw and axe.

sounds fab does your place!

Image result for super modern homes

thats where @Roger the Dodger resides, any of you seen Michael Douglas's place in Spain? Its for sale. 

5 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

sounds fab does your place!

It does, doesn't  it. :blind:

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Two years ago, we had all the wall cavities filled with insulation for free as part of a government incentive...you just had to apply. I was convinced the walls had been filled with fibreglass 'cavity batts' when the house was built by Bryants (25 years ago), but after drilling a hole in a wall and inspecting with a remote camera, they were empty. This extra insulation (resin bonded polystyrene pellets) has made a huge difference, and is well worth considering if you are looking to cut costs.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Two years ago, we had all the wall cavities filled with insulation for free as part of a government incentive...you just had to apply. I was convinced the walls had been filled with fibreglass 'cavity batts' when the house was built by Bryants (25 years ago), but after drilling a hole in a wall and inspecting with a remote camera, they were empty. This extra insulation (resin bonded polystyrene pellets) has made a huge difference, and is well worth considering if you are looking to cut costs.

you sound like my grandma circa 1998, but they pumped hers full of old cotton and it sank to the bottom and went damp. 

7 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Still want one of these.

Untitled_HDR22.jpg

my nephew lives in one of these, not that far from you, as it's cheaper than London.

maxresdefault-11.jpg

4 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

you sound like my grandma circa 1998, but they pumped hers full of old cotton and it sank to the bottom and went damp. 

Did anyone get done ? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Still want one of these.

Untitled_HDR22.jpg

They look good, but still can't get my head around having a $h1t3 in what is basically a bucket. And I have been caravanning....never, ever again. Period.

1 minute ago, Roger the Dodger said:

They look good, but still can't get my head around having a $h1t3 in what is basically a bucket. And I have been caravanning....never, ever again. Period.

Things have moved on. If I had one on my own site it would be plumbed in, unless I was travelling.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, WRENCH said:

Still want one of these.

Untitled_HDR22.jpg

my nephew lives in one of these, not that far from you, as it's cheaper than London.

maxresdefault-11.jpg

Did anyone get done ? 

no dont think so, it was her own idea. And they were just a bunch of cowboys used by the council...try suing the council when they gave you a load of old cotton wool for nowt. 

cool caravans

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

cool caravans.

Just think of the traffic jams you could cause with these,

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, WRENCH said:

Just think of the traffic jams you could cause with these,

it looks like a dog kennel