• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Today I Bought .....

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Technically yesterday   today I bought a phone holder for it.

A BMW 530i Sport which might lend this thread a bit of interest? Oh and a packet of bacon.  

Job done  

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

:thumbsup:,

No disrespect but that Boohoo outfit is the Internet version of Primani it's all disposable cheap own brand stuff and as you know I'm a bit of fashion victim. 

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

This is more my thing, especially when I'm spending Big M's pension, ask your lads they'll know. 

https://www.flannels.com/

50194766272_69e33a8eb1_b.jpg

:biggrin:

Edited by BondandBigM
  • Haha 1

A Schiit Magni 3+

I was most upset when my beloved little Vali 2 seemed to develop a fault and it kept making horrible buzzing sounds after a few hours use every time I swapped the valve/tube.

Without thinking too much about it or really investigating the problem I decided to go back to solid state and bought a Magni 3+.  Of course, about 2 minutes after clicking the "Buy it now" button I discovered that the problem was nothing more than a dodgy phono cable!  Oh well, it's only money isn't it :rolleyes:

I'll probably swap the Vali 2 to the proper Hi-Fi which doesn't have a headphone socket and keep the Magni 3+ for desktop PC use.

In the meantime, behold the splendour of my huge pile of Schiit! :laugh:

pileofschiit.jpg

• Like 4
7 hours ago, JoT said:

Books, somebody I know is studying AGAIN 

61DiwWUxsAL.jpg515xxPyXiML.jpg

0.jpg

Google is probably cheaper for useless information that in real life you'll probably never really need or use 

Looks good on a fictious CV though 

9 hours ago, BondandBigM said:

Google is probably cheaper for useless information that in real life you'll probably never really need or use 

Looks good on a fictious CV though 

I must Google "fictious" 

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, wrenny1969 said:

some hair clippers - anyone got any tips before my wife has a go on my (head) hair :biggrin:

Flowers, chocolate and a promise of Prosecco on completion.

• Like 1

10 skinless chicken breasts, green peppers, mushrooms, sugar peas, green beans, onions, cauliflower, granny smith apples, spring onions, tomatoes, milk, eggs, coffee

Exciting 

6 hours ago, wrenny1969 said:

some hair clippers - anyone got any tips before my wife has a go on my (head) hair :biggrin:

Yes get it right down to the wood, it's very liberating..

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, wrenny1969 said:

Use the smallest guard and do it yourself!  (20 year veteran :laugh:)

• Haha 1

An Evolution 210mm (8") sliding bevel/mitre saw and stand. Also a pair of folding Toughbuilt saw horses. Now that I'm in a single garage instead of a huge workshop like I'm used to, everything has to fold away when not in use. My old wooden sawhorses would have taken up too much room, and ideally, I wanted a table saw, but I just don't have the space anymore.

81Z9UsW+o1L._AC_SY355_.jpg  715WOtsESVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg40012.jpg

• Like 1

Cor blimey, our purchases are mirroring each other, earlier in the year I bought a Parker brand sliding mitre saw and a Ferrex saw table. Haven't bought one of those saw horses though I bought a pair of plastic ones, surprisingly sturdy.

It'll be a cordless planer next.. (bought mine in march to trim up the decking timber.)

Just bought a cordless spray gun out of Aldi, for the decking oil next year.

18V Li-Ion Cordless Paint Spray Gun

Edited by Biker
  • Like 1

A cheap phone & tablet, they’ll do me for all I need and I’m glad to get rid of this stupid iPhone, I’m going to recycle it by throwing it over the garden fence onto the railways tracks and that’s being kind to it.

50233502068_277ed4778a_b.jpg

@vinn I’m all China’d up now don’t know what “The Donald” or Boris’s problem are, they work just fine.

On 15/08/2020 at 19:28, JoT said:

10 skinless chicken breasts

Who needs Nando’s 

Unfortunately I let Big M go out shopping on Friday unsupervised, she was up to he old tight @rse tricks again and thought I wouldn’t notice

50225694938_ccc9724994_b.jpg

50226334906_ee427a8e87_b.jpg

Edited by BondandBigM
1 hour ago, Biker said:

Haven't bought one of those saw horses though I bought a pair of plastic ones, surprisingly sturdy.

Just bought a cordless spray gun out of Aldi, for the decking oil next year.

18V Li-Ion Cordless Paint Spray Gun

The saw horses are height adjustable and by adding a couple of 4x2s can be used to make a temporary work table. The beauty is they fold up to next to nothing. Bit of a long video, but the one that convinced me to get them.

That spray gun looks like a good idea...I'll have a look next time they get them in.

57 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

That spray gun looks like a good idea...I'll have a look next time they get them in.

Available to order online now, £60 delivered.

• Thanks 1