• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
sabailand

Watch changes, how often.

Do some people really change their watches 2-3 times a day, i get the impression many do reading comments on here.Wearing a different watch every day will be common among collectors i suppose. This isnt a criticism, if i had loads of them although i`d have my favourites i`d try to give them all an airing, its just an observation after spending time on the forum.

• Like 4

I sometimes change my watch in the evening to one that's easier to read in low light, or if I'm going out for a meal with Mrs P I might change to a slightly nicer one, but generally I keep the same watch on all day until I go to bed.  I'm not one of those weirdos who sleeps in my watch either (you know who you are, ya freaks! :laugh:) and I don't take more than one watch away with me for holidays or work trips.  If I'm away for any length of time I'll just pick something I haven't worn for a while, or a new incoming to give it some wrist time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Now I've been retired for over a year I find myself wearing the same watch for longer periods but changing if going out with my wife or friends or both. Interested dynamic this as it makes me wonder how much of my collection was bought as a result of work stress. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Depends on what I am doing. I wouldn't change for the fun of if, but in response to whatever I am doing. 3 different watches would be the very maximum on a day where I swim in the morning, then change to a watch for daytime wear, before a final change if going out somewhere in the evening and I fancy changing watches. 

More normal would be wearing two watches, the change usually  being in response to a morning swim or bike ride. For example, today I wore two Seiko's. One for daytime wear and then when I went for a bike ride late afternoon, I changed to my quartz chrono with a stopwatch, so I could time how long I cycled for.

So I could easily say that two watches is the norm for me. 

• Like 1

Unless I’m going out for the evening ,one watch a day is the well balanced way :teethsmile:

• Like 2

Holiday, something with an alarm usually. For the last few weeks I've been mostly wearing this,

large.15598831137457554954965831657318.jpg.3fec6344c0c56beedb29840338712518.jpg

• Like 2

One a day is my preference. It takes me long enough to choose that one, I'd be Chukka Um an ahing for too long if any more were involved. :whistling:

It honestly depends on what I’m up to... tbh it’s usually one (but I wear mine in rotation) but I will switch it up now and again (no more than 2 changes tbh)

Usually the one far a day, unless i'm going out somewhere, like for a meal, where I may wear a dressier watch or working about the house when I'll switch to more of a beater watch.

• Like 1

Mon-Fri : Wake-up = put on beater , 7pm-ish , change to evening watch ( smaller , lighter ) for dinner and repairing to the lounge.

Sat/Sun : various watches at various times depending on Gym or Swim or Gardening or BBQ or DIY or Shopping or event.

Vacations ( aka "holidays @wrenny1969 :yes: ) : vacation watch ( whatever that may be ).

Collection totals 5 watches .... so that's my way of using them. Nothing does not get worn.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Couple for manual work, couple for generally bimbling about and couple of snazzier watches for wearing with shirts :teethsmile: and dad's old Timex :thumbsup::teethsmile:

Usually wear a watch for a few days at a time with the occasional evening change. 

Never wear the same watch 2 days running unless its the latest buy. Frequently change from one to another during the day depending on what i am doing.

• Like 2

Generally pick a watch in the morning for work that goes with my wardrobe, but generally always put a dark dial luminous watch on at night - an illuminated alarm clock drives me crazy, I have to be in totally dark room - blackout curtains too lol. 

At weekend same drill but a bigger watch during the day, always a chrono. 

Special watches for parties or meals out.

• Like 1

I change my watch on Friday when I get home from work and that gets worn through to Tuesday morning when I run to work and wear whatever I've got locked in my drawer. Same thing happens on Thursday. I swap my work watch once a month on pay day. I also have a light weight g shock that I wear when I'm running or playing tennis.

• Like 1

Normally I wear one watch a day and that comes off when relaxing at home. Sometimes if I’m going out in the evening I’ll change to something more smarter looking or more casual, depending on clothing.

It wouldn’t be the norm to change watches during the day as I feel most watches are quite versatile regardless of clothing or activity.

• Like 1

Two or three days with each watch in general. Partly laziness, partly that the movements seem to benefit from a little exercise.

Do, of course, change for gardening or garage work (the beater). Also change if going anywhere smart in the evening (a rarity nowadays).

Holidays: I seem to be different from everybody else. I take four watches (my watch roll has three spaces), three of them better ones. Always wear a nice watch for dinner.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Davey P said:

I'm not one of those weirdos who sleeps in my watch either (you know who you are, ya freaks! :laugh:

That's me

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I do one watch a day usually quartz( three to chose from)and yes I sleep with a watch on :sadwalk:, i only change when i am going out/ real ale trail, or going away for the weekend to a car show when a posh watch goes on for whole occasion ,

deano

• Like 2

I do gyms in the morning so I need stopwatch function.  Usually I wear my G-Shock for it.  Occasionally I wear an auto with stopwatch function but it doesn't feel right.

Then I usually switch to a diver for work like SMP, Steinhart Vintage, Citizen Panda etc.  They are usually Nato straps - if I'm wearing Jeans/tee shirt or full steel bracelet if I'm in a shirt.

If I go out in evening and I happen to drop by home I do tend to switch for something more classier.  Such as my blue hand paint enamel Seiko, Steinhart Regulator, or retro Smiths Everest.  The all have good quality blue or leather straps.

• Like 2

Most days I’ll wear my Apple Watch to go to the gym over the morning then switch to a traditional watch after. I may do a further swap if going out for the evening so a max of 3 different, usually 2. 1 if no gym though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

And when you go on holiday do you take the one watch or take more than one for the same reasons..one for during the day, one for going out at night etc etc.

I suppose a slim leather strapped dress watch isnt ideal for the beach/round the pool, there are some that do both jobs though, they look as good when you`re dressed up as they do when you`re dossing about or going swimming.

• Like 1

Definitely different watch every morning unless I’m in a desperate rush and don’t have enough time or can’t be arsed to open the safe to do the swap over. 

On holiday now for 10 days. Brought 4 watches and find myself swapping watches in and out of the safe here at least once per day. Generally IWC Aquatimer or Breitling Navitimer during the day and Heuer Monaco or JLC Reverso for going out in the evening. 

Back home I also have a golf watch and a DIY / gardening watch, so very best case is as many as 4 watches in one day!

yes OK it is just a bit bonkers but my lovely wife wouldn’t think twice about 4 or 5 changes of shoes!

• Like 2

monday to friday i wear a different one each day because i take them off for work  but i usually wear the same watch all weekend and being the weird guy i am in bed too .

• Like 1

I manage to keep my watch changes down to three times a day, admittedly I usually wear a watch on each wrist so that`s six day. Weird, moi? AZIF!!   2022373491_(35).gif.79b009b765398cfa26c9a4e3fc361231.gif 

1110549730_(6).gif.ee0405a29ca44da5551eedf225042202.gif

• Haha 1