• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Autonomous

I'm a Klutz... please help

In my defence I was being rushed... but my watch enthusiast credentials with wifey were thrown out of the window when I smashed the glass on her beloved Michael Kors bit of fake bling.

Just changed the battery and used a case back press to get it back on... wrong size or misplaced die I guess... bosh. After reassuring her that it was no problem and I'd sort it, I can't get an acurate diameter before I remove the glass. - And being smashed I'm thinking the glass will come out in bits.  :bash:

I have digital calipers, so would measuring the 'aperture' give me an accurate measurement of the glass diameter? Or can someone offer advice of some other way of getting it?

Thanks in advance

:thumbsup:

The advice I've seen on here a few times is to measure the glass as accurately as possible, and then buy the size you think it is, plus one size bigger and one smaller, so buy 3 in total.  Personally, I'd take the easy option and just send it to @simon2 so you know it will be done properly (and you gain Brownie Points from the missus) :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Davey P said:

The advice I've seen on here a few times is to measure the glass as accurately as possible, and then buy the size you think it is, plus one size bigger and one smaller, so buy 3 in total

Mmm.. buy 3, that's a good idea, I'll get on to Cousins. She expects it to be sorted by next week for her Cocktail night with the school mums.. I mean PTA meeting... :rolleyes:

Cheers

• Haha 1