• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
spinynorman

Another 7T32 ...

2 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

I've just done that! Only one left now on the SC. The Guigiaro and the colourful all titanium one went within a few minutes of being advertised, and Chris had the 'Great Blue'.

EDIT:              Even that one ^^^^^ has gone now.

Yes, I saw. I was surprised, as you had some very interesting ones. I bought a few that needed work, which was a big mistake. 

7 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

It must be something in the air i off loaded all my Seiko 7'ts too. Is interest waning? 

Ive a feeling people are getting wary of the movements, seems a lot to tie up in watches that can just die and can't be fixed. 

I'm sure they can be fixed if you have the knowledge and patience to do it. I quickly discovered I don't. A couple of days ago the carpet gave up two subdial hands I lost weeks ago. Somewhere there are three backplate screws that went missing out of a two-inch deep glass dish. Some things just don't want to be repaired.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spinynorman said:

Yes, I saw. I was surprised, as you had some very interesting ones. I bought a few that needed work, which was a big mistake. 

I'm sure they can be fixed if you have the knowledge and patience to do it. I quickly discovered I don't. A couple of days ago the carpet gave up two subdial hands I lost weeks ago. Somewhere there are three backplate screws that went missing out of a two-inch deep glass dish. Some things just don't want to be repaired.

Its not just the t's mate its luck of the draw really i've had a good run recently with punts on vintage swiss mechanicals that have all turned out good, ive just returned a vintage seiko sea horse auto from the mid 60s because the crown fell off in my hand lol, seller sent me a refund no hassle so all part of the fun of old watches. ;-)

Yes with the t's no way could i get subdial hands to go back on, it was as if once used they were a one use part only the holes seemed to big after they had come off

3 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

Some things just don't want to be repaired.

its the ghost in the machine mate. 

Edited by Nigelp
  • Like 1

Sorry to jump into your thread guys, but, I thought I'd give you an update on 7T32 prices.

I was watching an Ebay auction into the wee small hours of this morning for a 7T32-7C60 Panda Dial, boxed, no papers. It was in pretty good condition and sold for £267, I guess once over this would have been a £350 watch.

There is one on Chrono24 for £350 with no box, and, no papers, does anybody ever pay the advertised price on Chrono24? my guess is no.

Out of interest does anybody have any experience of selling or buying with Chrono24? whenever I have been in touch with there customer service regarding pricing/valuations they just don't bother to sort out the issue.

• Like 1

On ‎18‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 06:24, spinynorman said:

I found a couple of other watches with 3 lug fittings, but they were all different dimensions. It would have to be a very versatile adapter.

the 3 lug strap attachment is a "bugger".   an experienced machinest with a milling  machine could crank one out in about 2 or 3 hours.   FARM IT OUT.   

9 hours ago, tick-tock-tittle-tattle said:

Sorry to jump into your thread guys, but, I thought I'd give you an update on 7T32 prices.

I was watching an Ebay auction into the wee small hours of this morning for a 7T32-7C60 Panda Dial, boxed, no papers. It was in pretty good condition and sold for £267, I guess once over this would have been a £350 watch.

There is one on Chrono24 for £350 with no box, and, no papers, does anybody ever pay the advertised price on Chrono24? my guess is no.

Out of interest does anybody have any experience of selling or buying with Chrono24? whenever I have been in touch with there customer service regarding pricing/valuations they just don't bother to sort out the issue.

Just looked at the £267 one on ebay. I guess the "mint in box" description explains that price, though the case looked pretty scratched to me. 

You'd get better answers to your Chrono24 question if you make it a separate thread in the Watch Discussion section.

• Like 1

On 11/08/2019 at 09:43, tick-tock-tittle-tattle said:

That Chrono24 seller buys them off eBay, polishes them and then sells them on claiming they're part of a long treasured collection or whatever. They were called out on it and proceeded to cover the reference number on all the watches in their images to stop matches from being identified. 

• Like 2

On 11/08/2019 at 09:43, tick-tock-tittle-tattle said:

I have sold three 7t32-7C60 "Panda" models in the past year. One was spares/repairs (£80) and the other two fully working unrestored honest examples with original full length bracelets. One was boxed (£275) and one was loose (£220).    I just don't see these as £300+ watches, whetever eBay sellers ask for them. 

• Like 2

I think the prices on Chrono are very much the highest price you will ever see for a watch as I think dealers expect to be hit with a low offers.

I totally agree with you that a 7T32-7C60 is worth somewhere between £200 to £300 depending on condition.

I currenlty have a 7T42-6A00 (gold coloured dial and bezel) on for £180 as it is boxed, with instructions and in fantastic condition, a similar watch on Chrono would be around £300 if not more.

By the way guys, very sorry for the slow reply to your comments, I do not appear to be getting notified that someone has replied to my comment even though I have that button checked.