• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
spinynorman

Another 7T32 ...

In a bit of a dilemma with this - I thought it probably wouldn't work and I could rob the pushers for another 7T32 I'm trying to get going. But, it really did just need a new battery and off it went. The alarm is almost inaudible, but it's running fine otherwise, and in better condition than the pictures suggested. Having said that, I'm not wild about the faux bezel and the bracelet is hideous. Are there alternative bracelets or straps for these two-part lugs?

DSC_9546_s

• Like 1

On 16/06/2019 at 11:21, spinynorman said:

In a bit of a dilemma with this - I thought it probably wouldn't work and I could rob the pushers for another 7T32 I'm trying to get going. But, it really did just need a new battery and off it went. The alarm is almost inaudible, but it's running fine otherwise, and in better condition than the pictures suggested. Having said that, I'm not wild about the faux bezel and the bracelet is hideous. Are there alternative bracelets or straps for these two-part lugs?

DSC_9546_s

It looks good, the alarms aren't loud at all very low tone in fact, just a discreet reminder rather than a get you up. Good you got it going! The bracelet is a bit 'loud' isnt it. But nevertheless i like it I would leave it intact! Nice find. What year is it?

On 17/06/2019 at 15:08, Nigelp said:

What year is it?

Serial is 604719, which comes out at 1996 or 2006. I assume the latter.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, spinynorman said:

@NigelpJikes, I paid £43! The one you linked does have a fancy box and manual, and has a battery, but even so ... I thought the one I found in Belgium was priced out in fantasy land.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Montre-chronographe-SEIKO-SQ100-watch-fond-bleu-7T32-6G20-bracelet-acier/254220208822

you did well then! I bet you like the bracelet a bit better now!

i'll bet its a 1996 the bracelet looks 1990's to me, even 80's. A lot of the late 80's and 90's designs were quiet elaborate, a lot of the dancing hands seikos are very 90's!

i think this is Rogers? And is very nice but the fancy bezel and the big pushers look very 90's

Image result for seiko dancing hands watch

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

you did well then! I bet you like the bracelet a bit better now!

I'd be very surprised if either of those get the price they're asking, wouldn't you? Watching, just in case. 

2 minutes ago, spinynorman said:

I'd be very surprised if either of those get the price they're asking, wouldn't you? Watching, just in case. 

very surprised, even the t42 mint and boxed like the one i bought isnt going at 100 and its a more popular choice 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-Seiko-Quartz-Alarm-Chronograph-Watch-7T42-6A00/192930223007?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

did you see this one? 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-SEIKO-ALARM-CHRONOGRAPH-GENTS-WRISTWATCH-7T32-6H99-JAPAN-680075/202706618565?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

I thought it was interesting for the price, but i couldnt get over the looks just looked ugly. Ok for less than 40 quid as an interesting t32. 

• Like 1

You might be able to fit a strap but you will have to notch it. Best once the strap is notched and fitted it will look great.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nigelp said:

I thought it was interesting for the price, but i couldnt get over the looks just looked ugly. Ok for less than 40 quid as an interesting t32. 

Yes, I saw it and thought the same as you, just too much going on. The T42 is cool though. 

26 minutes ago, IAmATeaf said:

You might be able to fit a strap but you will have to notch it. Best once the strap is notched and fitted it will look great.

Funnily enough, I was thinking about that while out for a walk this afternoon. Certainly worth a try.

• Like 1

Heads up @Nigelp , @kevkojak and anyone else interested. I've posted this here because of the thread title. There is a yellow 7T32 'Daytona' on the bay at the moment. It's a BIN advert, but at £300, about £200 more than I would pay, and this is one of my grail watches!!! Still, one of you might be interested. (I've waited for more than a year for one of these to show up, I have a 'saved' search on ebay...but then it's waaay too much...:taz:) Link if you're interested.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seiko-Daytona-7T32-7G30-Vintage-Chronograph-watch/293154751836?hash=item444162855c:g:o0oAAOSwtYddLiDQ

Edit: Within the last hour it's just dropped to £250.....still £150 too much!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Heads up @Nigelp , @kevkojak and anyone else interested. I've posted this here because of the thread title. There is a yellow 7T32 'Daytona' on the bay at the moment. It's a BIN advert, but at £300, about £200 more than I would pay, and this is one of my grail watches!!! Still, one of you might be interested. (I've waited for more than a year for one of these to show up, I have a 'saved' search on ebay, and then it's waaay too much...:taz:) Link if you're interested.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seiko-Daytona-7T32-7G30-Vintage-Chronograph-watch/293154751836?hash=item444162855c:g:o0oAAOSwtYddLiDQ

I've been watching 7T32 prices on Ebay and they really seem to reflect unrealistic expectations on the side of the sellers. Lots at £200-£300, which just don't sell and the ones that do going for £40-£100, depending how interesting they are.

A 7T32-6G20 like mine as been up for a while at £229, while someone else is trying to sell the bracelet for $73. I put mine up as an auction on Monday, starting at £24.50.  

• Like 1

I would pay around the £100 mark for the more unusual, £40-50 for the more 'run of the mill' models. The majority of 7T32 ebay posters are just 'dreamers'.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, spinynorman said:

I've been watching 7T32 prices on Ebay and they really seem to reflect unrealistic expectations on the side of the sellers. Lots at £200-£300, which just don't sell and the ones that do going for £40-£100, depending how interesting they are.

A 7T32-6G20 like mine as been up for a while at £229, while someone else is trying to sell the bracelet for $73. I put mine up as an auction on Monday, starting at £24.50.  

you're right the t32 bubble has burst too many people have had to many duffers it seems, i let my lovely mint perfectly running standard 32 go on the bay in the end as no one seemed to want it, best i could get was 40 quid delivered. 

15 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

I would pay around the £100 mark for the more unusual, £40-50 for the more 'run of the mill' models. The majority of 7T32 ebay posters are just 'dreamers'.

i think you are spot on the money there rog, from my experience, thats the value of them. Maybe a proper panda will do more like 200 but i cant think of another that would. 

Its the same with t62, t42 etc they seem to be sticking. I couldnt sell my non branded great blue t62 even at 60 quid which is crazy for a really well made rare chrono that was around 500 quid new in 2002. 

I guess the looks on the 62 are a bit marmite?

On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 03:21, spinynorman said:

DSC_9546_s

some one should build an adapter to a standard watch band.  vin

something like rolex do?

but it would need to be more than just standard end links i guess.

Image result for rolex leather strap with metal ends

6 minutes ago, vinn said:

some one should build an adapter to a standard watch band.  vin

I found a couple of other watches with 3 lug fittings, but they were all different dimensions. It would have to be a very versatile adapter.

On 17/07/2019 at 20:48, Roger the Dodger said:

Heads up @Nigelp , @kevkojak and anyone else interested. I've posted this here because of the thread title. There is a yellow 7T32 'Daytona' on the bay at the moment. It's a BIN advert, but at £300, about £200 more than I would pay, and this is one of my grail watches!!! Still, one of you might be interested. (I've waited for more than a year for one of these to show up, I have a 'saved' search on ebay...but then it's waaay too much...:taz:) Link if you're interested.

Edit: Within the last hour it's just dropped to £250.....still £150 too much!

Thanks @Roger the Dodger but I'm absolutely skint for a while.  Having a bloody awful time of it after a diamond faux-pas in the shop! 

That's a great example of a rare watch, but I've had a couple of those mustard yellow ones - it's the white one I have had real trouble tracking down!   

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, kevkojak said:

Having a bloody awful time of it after a diamond faux-pas in the shop! 

OMG! Sorry to hear that, Kev. I'm going to start unloading my 7T32s fairly soon, so there will be some bargains on the SC. Still fancy that elusive 7T32 'Great Blue'?

• Like 1

The three amigos.......small collection assembled over the last 2 months,,well,ever since the first “The Great  Blue “was shown on here 

7T32 in white..yes white..

large.A8170C6B-55E4-4A7E-BAAA-85B1AE042212.jpeg.37a7c0a774e96f9278003ec6f7436225.jpeg

7t32 in blue 

large.image.jpg.7990ad2e1569b40762a9bb0d0ea9b83e.jpg

7T62  in blue againlarge.AAA58171-D1B5-4737-9261-0F34662A37C9.jpeg.4d02dc38bbd7404e96b543dac173008e.jpeg

and and the family shot

large.387CD06F-5642-4052-B2A1-E6DD8DD581A4.jpeg.637e825b75d56a79588ac18906e6a334.jpeg

• Like 1

Great collection, Chris...happy I was able to add to it...now probably one of the best collections of rare Seikos on the forum...look after it ol' pal...:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Nice collection of Great Blues. My unrare 6G20 went for a predictable £41 and someone in France selling one a few hours later got the same. To my surprise, my Pulsar Y182 Titanium got £51. Offloading the rest of my 7ts this week.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, spinynorman said:

Offloading the rest of my 7ts this week.

I've just done that! Only one left now on the SC. The Guigiaro and the colourful all titanium one went within a few minutes of being advertised, and Chris had the 'Great Blue'.

EDIT:              Even that one ^^^^^ has gone now.

• Like 1

It must be something in the air i off loaded all my Seiko 7'ts too. Is interest waning? 

Ive a feeling people are getting wary of the movements, seems a lot to tie up in watches that can just die and can't be fixed. 

• Like 1