• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
kevkojak

Omega Ultra-deep

Well, this was an interesting read on Hodinkee - Omega have successfully trialed a new 15,000m dive watch, the UltraDeep.

Ambiently tested to 15,000m and actually taken to a depth of almost 11,000m this is the deepest registered dive for any wristwatch in history.

Check out the Omega website for the specs, but the watch is absolutely bonkers at over an inch thick.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/omega-seamaster-planet-ocean-ultra-deep-professional-deepest-diving-watch

Totally useless in the real world, hence being a prototype made just to show that Omega can "keep up with the Joneses" as it were, but if it rolls into production I am going to be at the front of the queue!!  It looks amazing!

aaoud1.jpg

• Like 3

It looks interesting but as you said, useless in the real world... It's very thick but I'm sure that many would want to buy one.

36 minutes ago, dougal74 said:

Better than the Rolex effort!! :laughing2dw:

Rolex-DEEPSEA-Special.jpg

Good for fortune telling.

That Omega is pretty impressive, if not impractical.

omega-seamaster-ultra-deep-performance-a

I'd like to see it on a human wrist,

se-po-ultradeep-imgs06-2v3_13.jpg

Bet you @rafy1 is on the waiting list.

Edited by WRENCH
  • Like 1

I really like the innovative case design, quick change fabric straps :yes:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kevkojak said:

Totally useless in the real world, 

And also totally useless in the Dive world really...seeing as a wrist watch at that depth is not really on most Sub Marine operatives equipment list... :laugh:

• Haha 1

28mm thick.... extremely impressive given its depth rating. Am sure Omega will milk this and introduce more wrist friendly variants as a result. And I’d be at the front of the queue!

Innovation for innovations sake, at anything approaching that depth the diver would be flat enough to do some wallpapering with, would just be a bit lumpy where the watch is. Try getting that under your shirt cuff.

• Like 1

...and I thought the Citizen 'Ecozilla' was pretty chunky at 19mm thick, 6mm crystal and weighing in at 9oz.....and that's just for 300m! 

Citizen 'Ecozilla'

Citizen Ecozilla, weight.

• Like 1

On 21/06/2019 at 01:05, WRENCH said:

Good for fortune telling.

That Omega is pretty impressive, if not impractical.

omega-seamaster-ultra-deep-performance-a

I'd like to see it on a human wrist,

se-po-ultradeep-imgs06-2v3_13.jpg

Bet you @rafy1 is on the waiting list.

It is 3 days I am looking for the price and to order it, but contacting Omega I did not get any positive availability of the product for now :( It seems to be like the Rolex DeepSea 12,000m James Cameron, no availability too... I feel so disappointed and frustrated you cannot believe, they are doing amazing watches, but you cannot buy them... What's the point... 

So I might be obliged and forced (LoL) to order another H2O... The Kalmar 2 OceanicTime 10 Miles, just 25,300m WR LoL... :thumbs_up:

H2O-Watch-Kalmar-10-Miles-2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, rafy1 said:

It is 3 days I am looking for the price and to order it, but contacting Omega I did not get any positive availability of the product for now :( It seems to be like the Rolex DeepSea 12,000m James Cameron, no availability too... I feel so disappointed and frustrated you cannot believe, they are doing amazing watches, but you cannot buy them... What's the point... 

So I might be obliged and forced (LoL) to order another H2O... The Kalmar 2 OceanicTime 10 Miles, just 25,300m WR LoL... :thumbs_up:

H2O-Watch-Kalmar-10-Miles-2.jpg

GZGLls.jpg

Tried this Deep Blue recently 

All be it at a bit of a premium over list though. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GASHEAD said:

I've got one of those Omega on order, arrives on Thursday  :biggrin:

Yep Mr Wong in Hong Kong will probably have them in production as we speak.

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

• Haha 2

On 25/06/2019 at 15:32, BondandBigM said:

GZGLls.jpg

Tried this Deep Blue recently 

All be it at a bit of a premium over list though. 

You were reading into my mind, as it is sometimes I was planning to get the D-Blue near 20K USD here in Dubai, and 6-9 months waiting after to have ordered it... But still thinking, to many writings on the dial, and the green DS.. :( All the the rest is superb.