UK Watch Forum banner

One watch to rule them all - WRUW Sat 22nd June?

4K views 56 replies 34 participants last post by  Flycaster 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
One watch to rule them all and set them when I wind 'em.

52977619_122094298861816_663099283569901

This watch does several things, but it tells the time too, and jolly well! It's the daddy.The hands are blued steel, the strap is leather RAF style G10 by vintagewatchstraps. The strap, and lug, width is 22mm, but the bars are curved as the strap is quite thick, hence you get to see a smidgin of spring bar. The sweep second hand does running seconds normally, and chrono seconds when required. Retrograde day indicator on the 6 o'clock sub-dial does 1/20 seconds in chrono mode.

SOTC pic above, just now, below -

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font

Attachments

See less See more
#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
the date window isn't big enough
That is not the problem, I routinely fit date magnifiers. The problem is the date wheel is set well below the dial, the chapter ring is deep, therefore the magnified image is too big to fit on the cyclops! The crystal is big, perhaps it would take a bigger magnifier. ... But a lesson learned about the 'strength' of a cyclops - it has to be mated to the distance from the object. Glad for the opportunity 'defects' afford, to bore you!

Unfortunately started typing the thread before midnight ready to post ooops.

#31 ·
a watch to rule them all
I thought a lot of people might have a reference watch by which all others were corrected to show the right time. With the advent of digital radio the pips are not reliable any more. Hence my radio controlled watch.

piece of 'old tat'
Fantastic clean dial

Not sure title makes any sense.
Don't your watches have a 'chief' that you check them against? Because it's always accurate to the second?

#24 ·
Birthday today -- so I am wearing the watch of Mordor.

Benu Power Reserve in rose gold. 41 x 11.65mm.

MG Kaliber 100.2, manual wind.

2FU3jfD.jpg

DVT9Of4.jpg

ufVKCSQ.jpg

#32 ·
This morning

A change required for the afternoon / evening boozing in MCR...
Same here as off to a local beer festival at noon to meet some mates and have an afternoon of ale and live music. So on with the Superocean, my old beer fest friend with its super lume and solid construction plus 5000ft of pressure resistance..

Watch Analog watch Azure Gesture Clock

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.