• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
mrzee

'Bauhaus' Style Watch - Opinions Required

I really, really love this watch;

JH_Website2018_Kollektionsseiten_Wristsh

and this one:

Nomos_11-Natural.jpg?auto=format&dpr=2.6

but are way, way out of my league. So, I'm looking for a similar style/aesthetic but lower budget if you get my drift.

I've seen these:

Juu.jpg

Junkers-Bauhaus-Chronograph-Watch.jpg

but are there any other brands that might offer me an affordable alternative?

As always, many thanks in advance. 

• Like 2

a.b.art used to do a variety of these in their "Vintage" collection but it looks like they may have been discontinued or are at least out of stock at the moment.  Worth keeping an eye open though in case they're re-introduced.

Braun, as suggested above, is a good shout.  Skagen are definitely worth a look too.

For the ultimate Bauhaus bargain I'd look at the M&S "Modern Everyday" watch.  It's pure Bauhaus but not quite the same style as the watches you've illustrated.  I wear mine more often than my Stowa Antea!

M&S%20Bauhaus.jpg

[EDIT] Forgot to mention, if you buy from a.b.art, factor in +20% VAT for importing from Switzerland [/EDIT]

Edited by rhaythorne
  • Thanks 2

If the style is what matters and you're ok with Quartz, £300 is about right for a used 'real' Max Bill, or a new one from the US albeit with import fees to consider...

• Thanks 1

I have just checked up on a Bauhaus style automatic watch I remember seeing a while back, made by Sea Gull. It is very similar to the Tisell watch linked to by Wrenny and usually has the "Rodina" brand name on the dial. The watch is currently priced at $99 (reduced from $179) from seagullwatchstore.com:

R005-Arabic-White-Dial-2.jpg?1478727637

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The Rodina is quite a nice watch.  I had one but the automatic winding was broken.  I couldn't be bothered sending it back so I took the rotor off and used it as a manual wind for a while before stepping up to the Stowa Antea.  I gave away the Rodina to a barmaid in a pub...  got me nowhere :laugh:

• Haha 3

Closest I've got in my collection is this one, bought from this very forum, and I like it:

20180816_103932

I bought two from the same member, but the second one is a bit small and hasn't got the recessed dial, so Ruthie kindly took it off my hands :laugh:

20180906_090215

They're from The Simple Watch Co, and they sell a range of watches that are all very similar.  Their website is here if anyone is interested: https://www.us.simplewatch.co/

:thumbs_up:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 25/06/2019 at 16:09, scottswatches said:

Amazon prime starts soon.  They are normally discounted during this period.  I bought one a couple of years ago , but returned it.  Can’t think for the life of me why?

On 25/06/2019 at 15:04, rhaythorne said:

a.b.art used to do a variety of these in their "Vintage" collection but it looks like they may have been discontinued or are at least out of stock at the moment.  Worth keeping an eye open though in case they're re-introduced.

Braun, as suggested above, is a good shout.  Skagen are definitely worth a look too.

For the ultimate Bauhaus bargain I'd look at the M&S "Modern Everyday" watch.  It's pure Bauhaus but not quite the same style as the watches you've illustrated.  I wear mine more often than my Stowa Antea!

M&S%20Bauhaus.jpg

[EDIT] Forgot to mention, if you buy from a.b.art, factor in +20% VAT for importing from Switzerland [/EDIT]

I really like that. If it was about a grand I’d be smitten. £20 and it might have to be a little purchase

• Thanks 1

Feice has multiple in that style. Both quartz and automatic. All under 300 i believe. Quartz lower price, auto a little higher.

I really like this one in the link, and may get it at some point. Like i said, they have a few others besides the one linked that you should check as well!

https://www.amazon.com/FEICE-Stainless-Leathers-Waterproof-Business/dp/B074MWWTVL/ref=mp_s_a_1_12?keywords=feice+black+leather&qid=1571100220&sr=8-12

Here is an auto version for about $250

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07Q55GKV8/ref=cts_wa_2_vtp?ie=UTF8&pi=SL110&dpPl=1&dpID=51TyPU1qCnL

Here's one similar to the Nomos

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07VCF3H3P/ref=sspa_mw_detail_6?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And there's more!