Jump to content
  • Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
horologicallyChallenged

Howdy y'all

Recommended Posts

Afternoon all, i very recently became interested in horology when back in February i purchased my first swiss watch a Hamilton Ventura automatic (the new one with the h10 movement) until then the only watch i owned was an rlt 29 that my dad bought for himself and gave to me after i tried it on because "it suited me".

That was when they first came out about 14 years ago.

So not much of a collector yet but im hoping to expand my collection in the next few years with some luxury pieces.

I love speedmasters, vachiron constantin overseas and anything built by jaeger le'coultre.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the forum, you should add your RLT to the RLT's owners club. 

I'm on there too. Or I think I am, I should be - lol!

I need to check! :blush:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/06/2019 at 16:12, Caller. said:

Welcome to the forum, you should add your RLT to the RLT's owners club. 

I'm on there too. Or I think I am, I should be - lol!

I need to check! :blush:

Thank you, a couple of quick questions how do i update my location? (another UK member) and how do I set my profile picture?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, horologicallyChallenged said:

Thank you, a couple of quick questions how do i update my location? (another UK member) and how do I set my profile picture?

Click on your user name at top right hand of header page, click "profile" and scroll down to "member's map" (at bottom left hand side of the page), then click "my location" and "update location".

To add a profile picture, click on your user name, then click on "profile photo" (it's a small rectangular box on the lower left of the circle where your photo will display, and if you hover over it with the mouse you will see a pop up that says "profile photo").  Select "upload photo" and choose a single file or drag and drop a file where indicated - Sorted! 

I hope that helps anyway mate :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Davey P said:

Click on your user name at top right hand of header page, click "profile" and scroll down to "member's map" (at bottom left hand side of the page), then click "my location" and "update location".

To add a profile picture, click on your user name, then click on "profile photo" (it's a small rectangular box on the lower left of the circle where your photo will display, and if you hover over it with the mouse you will see a pop up that says "profile photo").  Select "upload photo" and choose a single file or drag and drop a file where indicated - Sorted! 

I hope that helps anyway mate :thumbsup:

I tried that but none of those options are there, do i need to unlock the full account first?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, horologicallyChallenged said:

I tried that but none of those options are there, do i need to unlock the full account first?

Hi, and welcome to the forum! You will need to reach 50 posts before you can make additions to your profile, gain access to certain parts of the forum such as the sales section and use the PM system. Hope this helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the Forum, and may I say that after some time on here, you may need to change your username because by then you should have acquired a body of knowledge and experience relating to watches.:biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Hi, and welcome to the forum! You will need to reach 50 posts before you can make additions to your profile, gain access to certain parts of the forum such as the sales section and use the PM system. Hope this helps.

Ah i skimmed over the "make additions to your profile" part and just assumed being able to change your image would be fine for a noob account.

25 minutes ago, Always"watching" said:

Welcome to the Forum, and may I say that after some time on here, you may need to change your username because by then you should have acquired a body of knowledge and experience relating to watches.:biggrin:

Well its not been long and ive aleeady learned a lot, you guys are a very friendly knowledgable bunch and do a good job of explaining things so even i can understand them!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...