UK Watch Forum banner

WRUW 29.06.19

2K views 43 replies 29 participants last post by  Nigelp 
#1 ·
Seiko Saturday for me.

THTyYWc.jpg

See less See more
#3 ·
I have had a lie-in, but half way through my coffee now, and shortly hitting the road wearing the only watch I need.

Watch Analog watch Clock Material property Wrist

1994 Tag 6000 mk 1 with the 'unstable' bracelet. Put some lock-thread on my screws 25 years ago, never looked back! It's a trick I learned on a visit to the Patek-Phillipe factory. I was planning to use duct-tape.

Attachments

#19 ·
Flighty blue. Only one ive left at mo...suddenly had a mad do then looked in the watch box. At a load of old Seiko chronos that really arent me. Flighty will stay, but the other 5 were sold in a day...im like that when something has to be done it has to be done there and then, not tomorrow or next week, but that day or if possible minute. So whats incoming? Well only one after a mad chrono do it had to be either omega or zenith. So i thought why choose my second favourite? And so went for a very slim simple old Zenith from spain. It really is a plain jane, which is more me. Once youve done zeniths ya spoilt.
e6ddf80b33a3d0a8fd27f1c73cb97391.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

#21 ·
Same as yesterday, I'm afraid -- but some different piccies in today's sunshine (including one of its bum) . . .

Senator Excellence, Ref. 1-36-01-02-30.

40mm x 10mm stainless steel.

GO Kaliber 36-01 automatic. PR 100 hours.

JOPzkdE.jpg

c8yapgo.jpg

Q91Zdin.jpg

uoflEWm.jpg

#22 · (Edited by Moderator)
I`m taking off with a couple of flyers...

RLT-8, Valjoux cal.7750 25 Jewels & Reproduction Seikosha WWII Navy Aviator Chronometer, Seiko cal.7s26 21 Jewels.

[IMG alt="5979bb5c7f6ca_RLT--Seikosha-DSC_0002.gif.90eead62a8f75833c922c0f5d889a7f3.gif" data-ratio="59.18"]http://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/forumgallery/monthly_2017_07/5979bb5c7f6ca_RLT--Seikosha-DSC_0002.gif.90eead62a8f75833c922c0f5d889a7f3.gif[/IMG]​

[IMG alt="1826275869_(11).gif.6bcf5034c5116d9b5095dfdd7e6245da.gif" data-ratio="96.15"]https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/forumgallery/monthly_2019_05/1826275869_(11).gif.6bcf5034c5116d9b5095dfdd7e6245da.gif[/IMG]​

#24 ·
I have to correct the above post, the zenith didnt materialise, too much confusion on chrono24 about paying the seller directly and i didnt feel comfortable given its to easy to make a mistake transferring by bacs. So i decided on a 60's longines manual wind, it was the movement that did it, the 17J manual wind looks a gem and i love the cool crisp class of it. A bit of a breath of fresh air after the big bulky Seiko quartz chronos ive lived with for a month (that to be honest after my zeniths soon had little charm and were a mistake for me at least realising i like smaller and vintage now oh and swiss oh and not sport @yokel thanks for that realisation;-)) So error corrected. Not wearing it yet but cashed all the Seiko chronos in for 1 little old Longines manual wind...should look nice on my fluco rallye....

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

#27 ·
Good day to you all.

Today, a French-made VIXA, steel-cased, probably 1940s and runs on a 15j Lorsa 237B. Not to be confused with the old Swiss brand "Vixia", nor with an alleged homophonous similarity to an unflattering term in the German language. The brand's history is, at best, patchy, others also having tried unsuccessfully to fill in the gaps, but here's what I've managed to put together if anyone's remotely interested.

The VIXA company was founded by Stéphane Boullier of Besançon, date unknown. The end of WW2 saw them (along with Breguet, Dodane and 3 others) being commissioned to supply Type 20 Chronos to the French Naval Air Force. Courtesy of war reparations, VIXA procured their Type 20 cases and movements from the Hanhart factory in Germany, these then being assembled into complete VIXA-branded watches back in France by Kiplé.

Thereafter VIXA appears to have largely concentrated on watches for the French Military, possibly alongside other civilian models like mine, but a combination of those orders drying up and the advent of quartz saw the death of the original VIXA company, probably around the late 1960s. In the meantime, M. Boullier, having been involved in Timex setting up their Kelton facility in Besançon, ended up as President of Timex France.

The VIXA name appears to have been resurrected in recent years and if anyone can add to my scant knowledge of the old company, I'd be delighted to hear it.

Regards.

Watch Clock Analog watch Material property Watch accessory

Watch Analog watch Clock Rectangle Watch accessory

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.