• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

The Newmark 71 is a great watch with a design nod to some well known 70’s divers.

It has a choice of 3 colour dials, silver, black and blue, a choice of either 12 hour or 60 minute bezel and a choice of either date or no date - the latter using a non-date movement and hence there is no ‘ghost’ position of the crown.

The movements are either the Miyota 9015 or 9039.

After a good start on Kickstarter, it now seems to have stalled on the 73 to 74% funded mark.

So, if you looking for a well proportioned, classically styled watch for the very competitive price of £299.00 please give this one a look - and let’s try and get it funded

894eb486add59e59e5a134bcfa3d8c9a.jpg29b80a2846861b3f6d65d7fd141a0e06.jpgcbe9af4f5f5afcfebf7c5d1b53ce559b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I liked the chronograph newmark I had, but I couldn't find out the size for this diver?  I'm probably missing something working from my phone

2 hours ago, scottswatches said:

I liked the chronograph newmark I had, but I couldn't find out the size for this diver?  I'm probably missing something working from my phone

Its 38.5mm dia case; 39.5mm dia bezel and 47mm lug to lug 

• Thanks 1

Unfortunately this is going to be limited to 1 production run of 300 (although that may be good for collectors) - so if you're on the fence - now might be a good time to order :)

"Newmark" - there's a blast from the past in terms of branding. I have had a couple of Newmark watches from a previous era when the firm was responsible for inexpensive mechanical watches. I believe that Louis Newmark started producing watches after receiving a government grant in 1947, but I don't know when the form was wound up. The new Newmark watches (nothing to do with the original Newmark brand), subject of this thread, are not what one would call "adventurous" in design but then sometimes only a classically styled automatic dive watch will do.:)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Always"watching" said:

"Newmark" - there's a blast from the past in terms of branding. I have had a couple of Newmark watches from a previous era when the firm was responsible for inexpensive mechanical watches. I believe that Louis Newmark started producing watches after receiving a government grant in 1947, but I don't know when the form was wound up. The new Newmark watches (nothing to do with the original Newmark brand), subject of this thread, are not what one would call "adventurous" in design but then sometimes only a classically styled automatic dive watch will do.:)

Yes, I believe they were located along the Purley Way in Croydon

• Thanks 1

For those who are interested - there are only 27 of these watches left - and its been confirmed there will only be 1 run.

Also - they have now added a No-Date Silver date.

If you want one get your orders in quick :thumbsup:

3d7239fb413bfdb2daf92e82a6dccb06.jpg

The rollercoaster that is Kickstarter is doing its usual thing and 2 people seem to have backed out of the Newmark 71 campaign meaning that 6 have become available with just over 1 day left.. So if you thought you had missed the boat on this one - now is your chance

All going forward. I've paid now, can't wait! 

I'm going to go for the blue with date, and buy a second 12-hour bezel for swapping. 

• Like 1

On 29/07/2019 at 14:35, apm101 said:

All going forward. I've paid now, can't wait! 

I'm going to go for the blue with date, and buy a second 12-hour bezel for swapping. 

Yeah, I'm going for the Black; Date but having the 12-hour bezel fitted and a Diver bezel as a spare. :)

• Like 1

Got mine delivered today - just shows the quality that some microbrands can produce - a big thumbs up to Ewan Wilson

6a2d929a3a8144440fcf2a71a23bb460.jpg

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, KAS118 said:

Got mine delivered today - just shows the quality that some microbrands can produce - a big thumbs up to Ewan Wilson

6a2d929a3a8144440fcf2a71a23bb460.jpg

Aaagh … where's mine? :(

Did you have to order the GMT bezel separately? I ordered the silver GMT variant but also a blue and a black countdown bezel but not received the extra invoice yet

It looks good :thumbsup:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, it'salivejim said:

Aaagh … where's mine? :(

Did you have to order the GMT bezel separately? I ordered the silver GMT variant but also a blue and a black countdown bezel but not received the extra invoice yet

It looks good :thumbsup:

No - I ordered it with the GMT Bezel, but also ordered a separate Divers Bezel - however. that hasn't come yet. 

3 minutes ago, KAS118 said:

No - I ordered it with the GMT Bezel, but also ordered a separate Divers Bezel - however. that hasn't come yet. 

So did you get your invoice through for the bezel before the watch was posted out?

3 hours ago, it'salivejim said:

So did you get your invoice through for the bezel before the watch was posted out?

No, I haven't received that yet