• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

I have just picked up this Seiko watch with an alarm feature, it is worth restoring but the seiko 7T3B quartz movement is dead. Web search suggests that there are similar movements with seiko's other brands on them which are a direct swop. Can anyone suggest a direct swop please. The watch is presently stripped at the moment so no photos. It has a alarm dial at 6.. Seconds dial at 9, and a Minutes dial at 12.. The alarm dial is stem set.

It really isn't worth it.   :tongue: 

@Nigelp and myself have had serious problems with this stuff, it's honestly not worth the time and effort trying to find a running t32 to butcher to fix a none-running t32. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

very true Kev they really are throw away just enjoy them while you can and then move on and buy another, they aint expensive i let a mint boxed one which was almost nos go for 40 quid. Ok it was only a bimetal sq50 not a panda or anything special, but it goes to show that a lot of people have been stung with these old chronos when theyre dead theyre dead, Just buy a nice runner but be sensible get one for 100 quid or less and cut your losses if it packs up. If its a proper panda it might be worth saving but its getting a reliable one to fix it now they are getting on, you might go to all the hassle and cost just to have it die on you again. I dont think you can get new movements for these and anyone whose ever popped one in bits and seen all the tiny plastic gears, will probably say its amazing there are still perfect runners out there after nearly 30 years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the push guys,. I will put it on the back burner, and keep my eye out for a cheap pulsar or lorus with a YI82 movement. It looks like a straight swop, then putting the Seiko cover  plate on it. It is only an addition to my collection, not a wearer.. There looks to be a lot of folks out there  selling faulty ones, and asking silly prices for them. This one stands me at a tenner, but you can't win them all.

2 hours ago, hartley353 said:

Just re assembled. Still not working .

Certainly has impressive looks. When you say reassembled, do you mean with a Y182 movement installed?

6 hours ago, spinynorman said:

Certainly has impressive looks. When you say reassembled, do you mean with a Y182 movement installed?

No the original 7t32 movement that is faulty. I will just keep my eye out for a cheap donor watch. I bid on two on ebay but the same guy outbid me on both. Looks like I have competition. I am not paying £50 for a donor, like him. I noticed I put 7t32-6000, need to change my specs it is a 7T32-6C00

4 hours ago, hartley353 said:

No the original 7t32 movement that is faulty. I will just keep my eye out for a cheap donor watch. I bid on two on ebay but the same guy outbid me on both. Looks like I have competition. I am not paying £50 for a donor, like him. I noticed I put 7t32-6000, need to change my specs it is a 7T32-6C00

I bought a "needs a battery" Pulsar Y182 for £30 + postage on UK eBay. That seems to be the least you'll pay for one that probably works.

• Like 1