• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
niveketak

A bit of fun, huge too

About 4 years ago Honour did an article on SKMEI a Chinese brand and said article popped up again recently. I have had two before, one automatic that ran for 3 years then died and a quartz I really liked but managed to damage it fixing one of the old cars. Anyways, can I present the Drum watch from SKMEI. At 50 mm its a whopper on a plastic strap, has all sorts of demo modes to show the drums working and I think its the aforementioned bit of fun. If anybody has become delirious with desire it cost 17€ delivered and took about a month. If it is a copy of some ludicrously expensive unpronounceable brand then I am sorry and will walk barefoot through the next ants nest that pops up on our land as punishment. 

8wyfUJc.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

any video @niveketak? I'm confused by the drums - does it play? you are near Riberac aren't you? Are you French or a UK emigre? The heat there looks pretty intense with low wind. Air con/ pool ? :) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wrenny1969 said:

any video @niveketak? I'm confused by the drums - does it play? you are near Riberac aren't you? Are you French or a UK emigre? The heat there looks pretty intense with low wind. Air con/ pool ? :) 

Will do a video hopefully tomorrow. We are very near Piegut Pluviers not Riberac. We are UK emigres with French citizenship and dual nationality. No air con, lots of fans, above ground pool but the water is getting up to 30 degrees so a bit like a large bath. The drums rotate Wrenny no Cozy Powell percussion here!

5 hours ago, gimli said:

Looks quite nice but I wish it had "jump seconds", if I may call it that, as well.

No jump seconds but once a minute it rotates the right hand drum and you can hear it if there is no background noise.

Edited by niveketak
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, niveketak said:

walk barefoot through the next ants nest that pops up on our land as punishment

think you will be safe, I cant think or have seen one or anything like it ,its not inconspicuous but easy to read :thumbsup:

deano

• Like 1

I quite like that as a different take on the digital watch, and very reasonably priced.

• Like 1

On 05/07/2019 at 16:45, wrenny1969 said:

Tried doing a video of it twirling round but my computer says it doesn't recognise the format although it will replay on the camera. Will have a faff about later!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Andy Jackson said:

Interesting watch for very little money

The case looks like an exact copy of my Suunto but in ABS

It is surprisingly comfortable and does wear its size but I have fairly broad wrists, absolute sod to set up though, instructions are fairly clear but had to contact vendor as every now and again it went from say 10.15 to 10.65 or just decided on a random time. I try it every day to see if it will set but every time it does something daft even if only temporarily. Vendor has been excellent and refunded due to problems, one day..........:watch:

9 hours ago, pauluspaolo said:

Each to their own & all that but I think that's revolting :shothead:

Sorry :( 

Everyone has their likes and dislikes,no need to be sorry that's what the forum is for, if you think its revolting (not revolving I take it) that's fine with me as you say each to their own

8 hours ago, wrenny1969 said:

Interesting video - how can the minute barrels have 1-9 on them :sign_question: confused I am. 

Just in case it gets to 99 minutes past the hour, simples. Strangely it never arrives on one of any of the numbers after 59 always 00

Edited by niveketak
  • Like 1

Back in the late 1970s my girlfriend had a battery operated clock that worked with revolving drums. They were hard plastic cylinders, but I guess the watch can't be, it doesn't look thick enough.

5 hours ago, Mart said:

Ok paid 15 quid on fleabay for the all black version,  let's see what turns up. 

Bravo Mart and when you can't set it send me a PM! If you find it easy to set then don't

Edited by niveketak