• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Jet Jetski

Straton Kickstarter. I want one one, but £350 for a quartz VK67 is too much. And I have to wait.

5 hours ago, PC-Magician said:

£250 maybe just maybe but £350 no way.

Just an opinion and your money and choice at the end of the day.

I know, 250 is normally my limit in a quartz - I paid 270 for an RC citizen, and a lot more many years ago for a new tag 6000, but these days, unless it is bejewelled or gold or something, I'd say no.  But I really would like a quartz bullhead chrono ...

Edited by Jet Jetski

17 minutes ago, Flycaster said:

No way, seriously? invest in  Seiko .....

I have a couple of Seiko, but I don't buy watches as investments - I buy them because they make me go 'wow - that's nice!' - It has a Seiko meca-quartz 3-eye chrono movement, rotating bezel so it can double as a GMT, and I need a sub-second sweep seconds in my line-up on the mantle shelf - the bull-head would be the icing on the cake.  Interestingly, it would be sharing a plinth with a Seiko Levant.  Interestingly the colourway is similar to this Seiko: SSC667-4.jpg in fact, perhaps that is what I should buy!   But no good unless it's a split second timer ....

So I bought this in the end - it is a watch I have been looking at for a while (It's marketed as the Brycen in the USA), 55% off in the sale so well under 150 notes.

It is Eco-drive though, so it is a bit high maintenance.

9602658-1490

I am hoping the date wheel is blue, and that the data I have for it measuring 1/20 secs via the sweep second hand (ie 5 Hz) is correct.

It looks legible, I have a couple of black 2-eye chronos, hence the blue; and I have a feeling my nephew might put his 2 eyes on it!

• Like 1

It’s a hobby for crying out loud, not a plc investment committee.

If you really like it, and getting it wouldn’t mean falling behind with the mortgage or not being able to put food on your table, why are you wasting time asking us?

:character0275:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, yokel said:

It’s a hobby for crying out loud, not a plc investment committee.

If you really like it, and getting it wouldn’t mean falling behind with the mortgage or not being able to put food on your table, why are you wasting time asking us?

:character0275:

Umm....  about the food.

• Haha 1