• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Tazmo61

Christopher Ward C1 Moonglow Range

I can't help but think that the text is overbearing on the dial. I could maybe cope with the branding, though I do think it dominates most of their watches, but the text at 6 o'clock seems superfluous and draws my eye too much

• Like 1

I quite like it, although I have to agree that the text at 6 is unnecessary.

I don’t mind the Christopher Ward branding that much but a smaller CW or similar would be better.

37 minutes ago, al_kaholik said:

I can't help but think that the text is overbearing on the dial. I could maybe cope with the branding, though I do think it dominates most of their watches, but the text at 6 o'clock seems superfluous and draws my eye too much

I would agree 100% with that, lovely looking watch, but would look even better without the text on the main dial, any text could have been put neatly between the hour markers. They could have put Automatic and Calibre either side of the 6 marker just above Swiss Made and Chris Ward either side of the 12 Marker and left the main dial clean. Still a nice looking watch though.

• Like 1

I'd want it to be dark all the time because I love the lume. Not too keen on the dial though if I'm being honest. Looks a bit too novelty for my liking.

1 hour ago, Graham60 said:

I would agree 100% with that, lovely looking watch, but would look even better without the text on the main dial, any text could have been put neatly between the hour markers. They could have put Automatic and Calibre either side of the 6 marker just above Swiss Made and Chris Ward either side of the 12 Marker and left the main dial clean. Still a nice looking watch though.

If it didn't have the text or was much more subtle I'd buy one. I like the concept. 

There have to be two moons so that, as one moon disappears (wanes) at the end of its cycle to the right of the aperture, the next moon begins to appear (waxes) at the left.

1 hour ago, rhaythorne said:

There have to be two moons so that, as one moon disappears (wanes) at the end of its cycle to the right of the aperture, the next moon begins to appear (waxes) at the left.

Makes sense, it's a bit weird that you can see both though.

That's the (nearly) unique feature of this watch. The second moon is normally hidden behind the dial but here it's visible through a smoked partition which serves no purpose other than looking cool with all the lume effects.

I actually like what they have done here. Too many moonphase watches are put on what are perceived as dress watches, whereas this is definitely on a more 'generic' dial.

The mixed reaction here has been pretty similar to that on the CW forum, where the text, in particular the 'wordmark,' is still a sticking point for many, including me.

I like it very much but, at £1695, it has two niggles that I can't ignore.

First, it's too big (yes I know, others will disagree).  But that extra 0.5mm above my 40mm max makes it a no go at the price.  I've owned larger watches before but they're all gone.  I've kept my Orient Bambino SS which is also 40.5mm but at £180 or so for such an amazing watch I can accept that small compromise.

Second, it would have been so much better with a sterile dial and solid case back bearing a nice commemorative engraving.  Unless a watch has a particularly spectacular or interesting movement do we really need display backs these days?  It's just clockwork after all which has been around for centuries.

21 hours ago, PC-Magician said:

Stunning and the logo is a none issue for me.

I agree with this. ^ 

• Like 1

Considering the price, the detail is good, and offers a lot for the money.

Christopher-Ward-C1-Moonglow-Watch-6-700

I would agree that the lettering at 6 O'clock is unnecessary.