• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
horologicallyChallenged

Vintage Omega identification help!

Hey all, the following 2 watches are in my fathers collection and there is a limit to how many times I can ask to borrow them.

If anybody here could help me identify them so I could track down a couple of my own i would be eternally grateful.

48242123047_0966ac4465_k.jpg

This is a full automatic but there are no markings on the back, its just plain steel.

48229038352_ae0c0cb350_k.jpg

This is a manual wind model with just a plain steel back again.

Is there any way of identifying these without taking the backs off of them? They dont come off easily and I am very clumsy to say the least so am a little reluctant to try to take the backs off

All the right information is inside the case.  There will be a model number, something like 111.0106 (or possibly cz.8855 format in the first watch that looks older).  Without that, or the movement calibre number, there are hundreds of models to choose from with Omega

5 hours ago, scottswatches said:

All the right information is inside the case.  There will be a model number, something like 111.0106 (or possibly cz.8855 format in the first watch that looks older).  Without that, or the movement calibre number, there are hundreds of models to choose from with Omega

Okay thank you, I'll see if i can persuade him to take the back off and let me know whats inside then :)

• Like 1

be sure you have a "good and proper"  tool to remove the case back..  a book on watchrepair might be handy.

be sure you have a "good and proper"  tool to remove the case back..  a book on watchrepair might be handy.

The top one looks like early to mid 1950's  probably has radium lume dots as well marking the minutes. Are you sure its automatic? Omega usually put "AUTOMATIC" on the dial under "OMEGA" on watches of that age.

The bottom one looks like an early 1960's calibre 30

14 hours ago, JoT said:

The top one looks like early to mid 1950's  probably has radium lume dots as well marking the minutes. Are you sure its automatic? Omega usually put "AUTOMATIC" on the dial under "OMEGA" on watches of that age.

The bottom one looks like an early 1960's calibre 30

If theres potentially radium then im glad i cant get the back off of it!

Ill give him a kick into getting then serviced so i can get the full model numbers then.

Im pretty sure its an automatic, ill have to double check.

I recently got pointed at the omega vintage site and im pretty sure the bottom one is a 1949 tresor

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-gb/watch-omega-tresor-omega-ot-2620

And i think ive found the other one

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-gb/watch-omega-other-omega-ck-2506

2 hours ago, horologicallyChallenged said:

I recently got pointed at the omega vintage site and im pretty sure the bottom one is a 1949 tresor

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-gb/watch-omega-tresor-omega-ot-2620

And i think ive found the other one

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-gb/watch-omega-other-omega-ck-2506

They are not the same as your father's, there were lots of similar designs around at the time each with their own model number

On ‎10‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 14:07, vinn said:

edited.  

On ‎17‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 01:14, streety said:

When removing the setting/winding stem from a movement is it best to remove when stem is in the fully  pushed in position or fully out/set position.

Radium - if there is any - is at the dial side of the watch.    vin