• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
KAS118

Isotope Goutte d'Eau Automatic.

I posted about this watch in Mach 0.0013137' 'Suggestions' thread - but thought it deserved one of its own.

The Isotope Goutte d'Eau Automatic is a Compressor Style Diver and a homage to the the Finnish World Ice Diving champion Johanna Nordblad. Isotope are, however, London based.

It originally appeared on Kickstarter last month, with a choice of a Miyota 9015 or ETA 2824 movements - but it was cancelled partway through.

It has now been re-released on Pre-Order, but apparently they had problems obtaining both movements - so now the choice is either a Seiko N35, or a Sellita SW200-1. However, the price has dropped significantly - and I just ordered a Sellita version for £328 which is only slightly more than the Miyota was originally on sale for. The Seiko movement one can currently be ordered for £244.

The watch has a number of configurations - as well as the choice of movements you have either a Blue accented version (with engraved casebook) or an Orange accented one (with display back) and you v=can either chose date or no date (the dated one having slightly bigger indices.

Apparently (for the car buffs) it obtained design influences from the 1937 Talbot-Lago d'Eau T150-C SS Coupe - although I don't see it myself. 

A link to the Pre-Order Site is here https://isotopewatches.com/collections/watches/products/new-goutte-deau-orange-and-nordblad-special-edition-hiper-supporter?variant=15401219457087 it needs 91 Order to proceed and there are currently 71 - orders close on 1 August so I'm hoping this will be successful 

A Video review is here - although please not it is before the change of movements and before the date option was available 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV9xnCddAK4&t=3s

• Like 1