• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
BEEBEE2018

Any Good Diver watch for Recommendation?

Recently i'm checking to purchase a new diving watch.

I prefer to have a rubber band, and i saw one of this. but not yet decided yet. Any good recommendation?

Appreciated.

93efd5f920abd180.jpg

6655c0238110cea0.jpg

1a78f1c2dc9929d8.jpg

• Like 1

Blimey, what a question. How much do you want to spend, is it actually for diving, and are there any specifics such as sapphire window, or quartz, etc etc. I wouldn't let the rubber strap sway you, as this can be purchased separately if necessary. I think the Invicta pro diver range with the NH35A movement are brilliant, as are all the Seiko divers.If you want something a bit quirky have a look at the Vostok range. Spend a bit more and you could be looking at Christopher Ward, and they are a terrific watch. You can of course spend a fortune on a Rolex submariner, but I wouldn't bother. Really, the world is your oyster. Here are mine

4uYjTZh.jpg

• Like 2

Most Seiko divers are up to the job, but if on a tight budget, as already mentioned, search out Apeks, Divex, Aqualung, Tauchmeister, et al. All look similar and use basically the same quartz (or auto) movement, and are great bang for buck. You should find one for around the £100-120 pound mark. Some are even rated at 1000m and with a HE valve.

large.20180609_140716.jpg.ce1adc75220b329f3062b0d6b5057584.jpglarge.20181222_091556.jpg.5a62ecd9b588c496a96d04f21cfa0f6c.jpg

14 hours ago, BEEBEE2018 said:

Recently i'm checking to purchase a new diving watch.

I prefer to have a rubber band, and i saw one of this. but not yet decided yet. Any good recommendation?

Appreciated.

93efd5f920abd180.jpg

6655c0238110cea0.jpg

1a78f1c2dc9929d8.jpg

like the blue dial one what is the make

hard to beat for 140 quid and its a pretty one unlike the ugly seiko jobs. Etc. 

Image result for citizen excalibur

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nigelp said:

hard to beat for 140 quid and its a pretty one unlike the ugly seiko jobs. Etc. 

Image result for citizen excalibur

Got the `Excalibur` myself  it is indeed a nice well finished piece!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sabailand said:

Got the `Excalibur` myself  it is indeed a nice well finished piece!

ive had 2, yep brilliant watches, mine felt better in a lot of ways especially bracelet clasp, than my longines hc. at 800 quid. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, wrenny1969 said:

San Martin by the looks of it.

There may well be nothing wrong with the San Martin watches. I see they appear to come with Seiko, Seagull and "Swiss" movements. A 62MAS homage with a  NH 35 movement sells for around $220, if you like that sort of thing. 

11 hours ago, Bonzodog said:

Scurfa are worth a look.

That’s a pretty good shout to be fair. They are great watches and have a rubber strap.

• Like 1