• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
hartley353

Seiko 7T42-6A00 sports 150.

In my search for Seiko 7t32 part I came across this one. To good for parts, it is 100% operational, and in very good condition.large.1318189936_Seiko150Sport..JPG.a3195e12bb5de2448c4c8d5d07f85617.JPG

• Like 4

much rarer than the 32 and with the count down timer. 

• Like 2

On 13/07/2019 at 14:00, hartley353 said:

In my search for Seiko 7t32 part I came across this one. To good for parts, it is 100% operational, and in very good condition.large.1318189936_Seiko150Sport..JPG.a3195e12bb5de2448c4c8d5d07f85617.JPG

Did you buy it?

• Like 1

On 15/07/2019 at 09:43, spinynorman said:

Did you buy it?

Yes it is now mine.

Edited by hartley353
Spelling mistake.

43 minutes ago, tick-tock-tittle-tattle said:

I have just sold a fully working one on Ebay and only got £40, I was gutted!

Though it's no consolation, welcome to the £40 Seiko 7txx club.

• Like 1

On 21/08/2019 at 01:10, tick-tock-tittle-tattle said:

Thanks for that, do I get a badge or something?

A nice badge may make me feel a little better right now or maybe you could suggest where I could get therapy.

There's a mutual support group on here. @Nigelp is the founder I think. :notworthy: My working one made £41, and a broken one got £31. My working Pulsar Y182 made £51, so there's no logic to it at all.

Edited by spinynorman

To be honest with you it is even worse than that, I sold fully working one for (£40) and partial working one (£34) on Ebay, one guy bought both and has demanded a refund of £40 as a couple of the split pins were 'broken' on the bracelets probably damaged by him.

Sticks in my throat, makes selling on Ebay such a problem, should have known when the same guy bought the two 7T42's. I wish I'd kept them.

My guess is that your Y182 was top dollar because of the 7T32 link??? who knows, sometimes there is no rhyme or reason to Ebay. I have a Y182 NASA dial in white and yellow, they can be seen on Ebay for around £250.00 but I don't know who is paying that price for them, probably worth £150 if they are in mint condition.

2 hours ago, tick-tock-tittle-tattle said:

My guess is that your Y182 was top dollar because of the 7T32 link???

It was titanium, so that might have helped. 

Yes Titanium would have pushed it up. I have just bought a 7T32-7C60 (blue dial, blue sub-dials) and I got it for next to nothing, I just wonder if the value of 7T32/7T42 models have plunged, the mint, boxed, and, papers models are still on Chrono24 and Ebay for the silly prices of over £300, but, then there is a huge gap to what they sell for in 'normal' condition.

I have a boxed, instruction booklet, no guarantee booklet 7T32-6A5A (1988) and I thought it is around a £130 watch, yet there is one on Ebay for £199 no box, and no papers. The prices are all over the place. 

Talking of 7T32-6A5A, I am struggling to get mineral crystals for the two watches I own, Cousins don't have them anymore, I got the codes from Boley and the two codes listed show as obsolete.

Where have you bought crystals from for Seiko's???

I never looked for crystals. I had a blue 7C60 that needed work, but quickly realised it was beyond my skills and couldn't find a professional who would touch it. You might do better on Ebay - there's some sellers (eg watchprouk) selling replacement crystals for Seiko watches, including some 7Ts.

Cousins had them at the start of the year, the 6A5A were early versions of the 7T32, I may have to look elsewhere. I contacted Cousins but I am not sure I will get a reply.

Polywatch have started making a mineral crystal polish, I will see how that works first.

The 7T32's are ultra fiddly, lots of issues with poor connection to the circuit block. I have seen so many with 'leaky battery burn' to the circuit block. Trying to repair them can so rewarding or so frustrating.

• Like 1