• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

On @JonnyOldBoy advice I've been in TK Max almost every day and the days I couldn't pop in I sent Big M for a look see just incase they got a couple of Rollies in. 

:biggrin:

No luck today but this was on the shelf. 

2019-07-19_04-53-40

Not to shabby, nicely finished and a reasonably decent leather strap. 

£35 and best of all I had the remainder of a voucher my sister gave me so I only had to put six quid of Big M's money towards it. 

A bit of a bargain 

:thumbsup:

Edited by BondandBigM
  • Like 8
  • Haha 3

My nearest TKmaxx only has really cheap fashion stuff. So cheap they dont.even have it in a locked display. However Glasgow and Edinburgh do.throw up the occasional jems. 

An Alpina KM 710 at 60% off retail,

Alpina-KM-710-Military-WWII-inspired-Ger

• Like 5

Most of their shops are just glorified jumble sales but ours isn't to bad. The better stuff is mostly on their website. 

But beware

As an example a proper "Made in Italy" Vivienne Westwood London shirt will set you back a couple of hundred quid and some but the ones TK Max and some of the other similar discount retailers knock out for sixty or seventy quid are all made in Rumania or Turkey and not a patch on the proper ones and from the look of them some of the clothes are probably "seconds" 

So I don't doubt for a minute the watches are cheap for a reason. 

Nothing to lose at £35 but I'm not sure I buy one at sizable money. 

• Like 2

ive been in the llandudno one it felt like a charity shop

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

ive been in the llandudno one it felt like a charity shop

Aye, I popped into the Aberdeen branch on quite a few occasions and rarely left with anything.  99% of their stuff was far to blingy for the middle aged :laugh:

But I do like the look of Bond's watch

Edited by Big Bad Boris
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Big Bad Boris said:

Aye, I popped into the Aberdeen branch on quite a few occasions and rarely left with anything.  99% of their stuff was far to blingy for the middle aged :laugh:

But I do like the look of Bond's watch

yep far too blingy for the middle aged like me, goodness knows how old people like @BondandBigM go on in there, but his new watch is a bit old fella. 

so hes done ok, i can see @WRENCH wearing it too. Yeh its a nice watch for the older gent. 

2 hours ago, Nigelp said:

Yeh its a nice watch for the older gent. 

Ah yes grasshopper, but with age comes wisdom! 

but were watches are concerned that goes out the bloody window it seems :laugh:

deano

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nigelp said:

, i can see @WRENCH wearing it too. Yeh its a nice watch for the older gent. 

:laughing2dw:

I got a gift of a Filson field watch which I hope came out of TKmaxx, as the RRP was over £600, I think they were selling for around £120, it's been fine, 're badged Shinola. Not worth the real price.

3 hours ago, Nigelp said:

Yeh its a nice watch for the older gent. 

Steady on, Nige...some of us older fogies still like to make a statement now and again....:laughing2dw:

Casio GW-9400 Rangeman.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Steady on, Nige...some of us older fogies still like to make a statement now and again....:laughing2dw:

d-cartoon-blind-man-character-sings-micr

15 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

In Manchester ? really ?

Yep

We had a facility there, spent a lot of time working in Salford Queys and my brother lived within a stones throw of Old Trafford and had a shop there. 

As said numerous times previously my daughter worked for TK Max and if there had been any new Rolex's for sale trust me when I tell you they would have been mine. 

:biggrin:

Still haven't seen your imaginary mate's receipt for the one he allegedly purchased. 

:whistle:

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

Edited by BondandBigM

27 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

Yep

I don't think so ... your imaginary trips to Manchester were in your dreams when you dozed off at bingo.... it happens....

Manchester is a big boys town.... you had better use your fix-a-dent if you ever dare to travel there...

Edited by JonnyOldBoy

My Shinola was a great bargain, and they currently have a Tissot COSC auto in at 300 - I keep going in to see if they have put a red sticker on yet - the box is busted.  Of course I am never going to buy another watch ....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jet Jetski said:

My Shinola was a great bargain, and they currently have a Tissot COSC auto in at 300 - I keep going in to see if they have put a red sticker on yet - the box is busted.  Of course I am never going to buy another watch ....

Last year our local TK has some Fortis watches in ,,,, at 30% of RRP.... They never appeared in their online listings so its always worth keeping an eye out if you are near a major one... Their sister company in German often supplies the UK with some very very nice watches that are end-of-line prior to newer models etc etc.

• Thanks 1

Fortis.   Mmmmmmmm......

My particular model of Shinola did not appear on the website either.

Edited by Jet Jetski

13 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

Fortis.   Mmmmmmmm......

They had three of the older versions of these in store for £725. I did mention it on this forum at the time and included pictures. The watches sold within 5 days. Apparently the same person bought all three ( The lady on the watch counter lives a few doors up from me ).....

ft-510-fortis-watch-terrestis-orchestra-a-m-900-20-32-l-28.jpg

No response from Bondy..... he has gone undercover.... covert ops.... but got this snapchat from him whilst browsing at his local TKMaxx..... 

100948592_135338375492.jpg

• Haha 2

Lots of Eterna in my local TK Maxx, not dirt cheap and missing some papers / wetsuit extension. They had a 1973 Ltd Ed Super Kontiki for £599.

They had that 710 Alpina too which sat around at £699 for months.

On 19/07/2019 at 17:48, BondandBigM said:

Most of their shops are just glorified jumble sales but ours isn't to bad. The better stuff is mostly on their website. 

But beware

As an example a proper "Made in Italy" Vivienne Westwood London shirt will set you back a couple of hundred quid and some but the ones TK Max and some of the other similar discount retailers knock out for sixty or seventy quid are all made in Rumania or Turkey and not a patch on the proper ones and from the look of them some of the clothes are probably "seconds" 

So I don't doubt for a minute the watches are cheap for a reason. 

Nothing to lose at £35 but I'm not sure I buy one at sizable money. 

I've had quite a bit of Henry Lloyd and Ralph Lauren stuff from mine which is certainly the read deal, but a few weeks ago I picked up a Ted Baker shirt (only £35) which looks like Stevie Wonder did the finishing on. 

When I took it back they said there was no chance whatsoever it could be fake, but often with the high end clobber it's either catalogue returns or end of line (last season) stuff.

Could be mine was a wonky one from the catalogue, but I buy a lot of Ted Baker and I highly doubt one left the factory/sweat-shop like that. More likely someone bought a proper one from the catalogue and sent an iffy one back... no way to prove it though.

On 20/07/2019 at 12:00, JonnyOldBoy said:

Last year our local TK has some Fortis watches in ,,,, at 30% of RRP.... They never appeared in their online listings so its always worth keeping an eye out if you are near a major one... Their sister company in German often supplies the UK with some very very nice watches that are end-of-line prior to newer models etc etc.

They had a few of the classic B42 Flieger models in my local one too.
The discounts looked healthy, but then I noticed the RRP had been quite vastly inflated.  It still ended up to about 25% off if I recall.

It wasn't long after the brand went into administration (since saved) so maybe a quick stock dump.  :biggrin:

The one on Middlebrook retail park currently has a couple of Frederique Constant models, including the limited edition auto which comes with a model Austin Healey rally car. Again, it's a silly price, they want about a grand for it after the discount. 

Edited by kevkojak
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kevkojak said: More likely someone bought a proper one from the catalogue and sent an iffy one back... no way to prove it though.

Extremely unlikely in my view , TKMaxx sell legitimate ex-shop-stock over stock, end of line clearance shop stock , bankrupt stock , factory seconds ( direct from manufacturer ) and factory surplus. Strictly speaking its not legal in the UK for a b&M store to sell distance sold ( online ) returns unless they specifically state it at the point of sale. It's far more likely that you had a factory second that "slipped through the net" and was sent out as a second rather than destroyed at source as an error.

Mostly seconds I think - as my dear old mam used to say "always check the stitching"

Edited by relaxer7
still can't spell
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

Extremely unlikely in my view , TKMaxx sell legitimate ex-shop-stock over stock, end of line clearance shop stock , bankrupt stock , factory seconds ( direct from manufacturer ) and factory surplus. Strictly speaking its not legal in the UK for a b&M store to sell distance sold ( online ) returns unless they specifically state it at the point of sale. It's far more likely that you had a factory second that "slipped through the net" and was sent out as a second rather than destroyed at source as an error.

Are you on Mumsnet as well

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/1844969-TK-Maxx-seconds-or-past-season-stock

With some of the guff you spout if you're not you probably should be. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/1844969-TK-Maxx-seconds-or-past-season-stock

Meds break at the Bingo Club I see ..... better hurry up , eyes down , your snooze you loose remember ....:wheelchair:

15 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

it's funny how mumsnet often returns in google searches. I like it.

I bought a ralph lauren jumper from tk max from memory I'm pretty certain it was made in the far east.

3 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

Meds break at the Bingo Club I see ..... better hurry up , eyes down , your snooze you loose remember ....:wheelchair:

lol, why are you and @BondandBigM fighting? Also it's "lose" I wouldn't normally pick up on it but as you are in education I thought I'd make an exception. :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3