• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
mitadoc

Speedy Pro problem

Good afternoon, everyone. 

I noticed yesterday that the chrono pushers of my Omega Speedmaster Pro were somehow harder and stiffer when pushed. Today they just failed. Once I started the chrono function and later tried to stop - the start/stop pusher didn't click at all and didn't start the chronograph function. What do you think? Broken chrono levers in the movement? 

BTW, it happened just 50 years after the moon landing, lol. 

Thank you in advance. 

Dimi 

Is the watch new, preowned, vintage ?

Do the pushers stay pushed in, basically, or do you just press them and nothing happens ?

Sorry for not mentioning this as probably being vital. 

2005 Speedmaster Pro, with Lemania hand wound movement, the pushers are where they should just nothing happens as click and sound once being pushed. 

Cheers. 

Dimi

Sorry for not mentioning this as probably being vital. 
2005 Speedmaster Pro, with Lemania hand wound movement, the pushers are where they should just nothing happens as click and sound once being pushed. 
Cheers. 
Dimi
The pusher set levers are notorious on the Lemania movement for bending inwards over time, (if they have not broken). This prevents the chronograph from functioning. They need to be bent back out again which is a job that needs to be done with great care, if expensive fresh parts are to be avoided.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, webwatchmaker said:

The pusher set levers are notorious on the Lemania movement for bending inwards over time, (if they have not broken). This prevents the chronograph from functioning. They need to be bent back out again which is a job that needs to be done with great care, if expensive fresh parts are to be avoided.

Thanks,mate.

I forgot to mention - my watchmaker repaired them the same approach you suggested.

All the best.

Thanks,mate.
I forgot to mention - my watchmaker repaired them the same approach you suggested.
All the best.
Pleasure ! I doubt that this could be done more than twice before the metal fatigues.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, webwatchmaker said:

Pleasure ! I doubt that this could be done more than twice before the metal fatigues.

Now waiting for the second time, I guess. 

I use the chrono function almost every day.