• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
borobiffa

My Smiths watches

Just thought I'd share a couple of pictures of my collection of Smiths watches (... Well Smiths and a few Ingersolls from their joint venture). I've got a few more waiting to be fixed up. I've got a soft spot for the purple dialled one! 2ea820401ec16c15d39f5bc63d3dbb21.jpg90fafcb20535bca3b3d0b35afd8f0ced.jpg

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Smiths Watches seem to be gaining in popularity and price. I bought a book on Smiths Watches, amazing how many there are! In the Pocket watch market, Waltham's are losing prices. Will say being a novice, the Smith's Pocket Watches are a nightmare to assemble, but thats probably just me lol. 

Still nice collection 

Prices do seem to have gone a bit mad, although a lot of people do seem to still be a bit sniffy about the Welsh made models. I can't  help but think that any watch that still works 50-70 years after it was made, despite probably having a tough life can't be all bad...

True, if it can last that long it has done well. The Welsh ones were considered poorer quality, but well people snub them prices stay low, which is good for tne buyer.