• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Steveibiza

Does the forum include digital watches?

Hi, I'm not sure where to post a question about digital watch problems.

I bought a new movement for an old Accurist I've had for years, but because the winder is at the 4 position and not the 3 the day/date doesn't line up in the window which is at 3.

Do I have the wrong movement or can I adjust it?

Thanks.

22 minutes ago, Steveibiza said:

Hi, I'm not sure where to post a question about digital watch problems.

I bought a new movement for an old Accurist I've had for years, but because the winder is at the 4 position and not the 3 the day/date doesn't line up in the window which is at 3.

Do I have the wrong movement or can I adjust it?

Thanks.

Try asking here, and some pictures of your watch (If possible) would also help a great deal. :yes:

https://thewatchforum.co.uk/index.php?/forum/13-watchmaking-and-repairs/

Maybe this place ? https://thewatchforum.co.uk/index.php?/forum/22-electric-electronic-watches/

Anyway, some pics would be nice.

Movements come with dates at certain positions specifically so no you can't adjust them. At most you can get a new date/day wheel that is correct for the position that you want (for the dial's hole basically)

Some movements come with date at 3 o'clock, some with date at 4 o'clock... It's all about the angles that the numbers/letters line up.

Edited by gimli