• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

I was at a local "festival of motoring" and took a few pictures. Anyone else like photographing cars?

I noticed the Waltham clock in this Silver Ghost.

DSC_9790

And the seaplane mascot

DSC_9792

The calormeter on this Lagonda

DSC_9796

And on this Delage

DSC_9794a

with instruments by Jaeger

DSC_9793a

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That first car is nicer than most cars out there today... The dashboard is very beautiful.

Back when products were made with heart and soul and not consumerism in mind... :(

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, gimli said:

That first car is nicer than most cars out there today... The dashboard is very beautiful.

Back when products were made with heart and soul and not consumerism in mind... :(

Agreed. I can see why someone would want a Rolls Royce when they were like that. Modern Rolls and Bentleys leave me cold.

2 hours ago, spinynorman said:

I was at a local "festival of motoring" and took a few pictures. Anyone else like photographing cars?

I noticed the Waltham clock in this Silver Ghost.

DSC_9790

And the seaplane mascot

DSC_9792

The calormeter on this Lagonda

DSC_9796

And on this Delage

DSC_9794a

with instruments by Jaeger

DSC_9793a

good show !  it s nice to see cars that were saved from the scrap heap.   "panel clocks"  also quite collectable.  vin

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

nice old motors - personal bugbear of mine is when the owners of a modern Jaguar stick a silver Jaguar emblem on the bonnet. These old cars knew no better but a person tossed over a bonnet can be opened up by those tacky accessories. Should be an MOT failure.

• Like 2

A few weeks ago, at the Silverstone Classic, a handful of my favourite rally cars.

DSC_0040-1

DSC_0038-1

DSC_0039-1

And a few laps of the circuit by Sir Jackie Stewart in a Matra, to celebrate 50 years since his first British Grand Prix win.

DSC_9987-3

• Like 2

On 11/08/2019 at 16:55, vinn said:

it has nice lines,  much like the Pontiac Fiero.

There was something about hearing a Stratos approach through a forest at night. Although they were actually better suited to tarmac.

sandro munari stratos010sandro munari stratos011asandro munari stratos002a

• Like 1

I love car shows!

These were at the Festival of Transport ten years ago at Graves park here in Sheffield..

zcg6I6n.jpg pc1r5Zt.jpg

wlCO8Tg.jpg QPntrWj.jpg

6p9L73a.jpg fRQj28D.jpg

iDi2SsS.jpg dwpHYP3.jpg

2wqoYbt.jpg EeZgbQ7.jpg

I've hundreds of pics on my computer but never uploaded them to imgur!!

Ps, Sorry about the low quality of the pivcs, I'm not very good with a camera :(

John 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, johnbaz said:

I love car shows!

These were at the Festival of Transport ten years ago at Graves park here in Sheffield..

zcg6I6n.jpg pc1r5Zt.jpg

wlCO8Tg.jpg QPntrWj.jpg

6p9L73a.jpg fRQj28D.jpg

iDi2SsS.jpg dwpHYP3.jpg

2wqoYbt.jpg EeZgbQ7.jpg

I've hundreds of pics on my computer but never uploaded them to imgur!!

Ps, Sorry about the low quality of the pivcs, I'm not very good with a camera :(

John 

the beige Jensen Healy is mint! and the kuglewagon is nice too, john you ever done any of the Sheffield custom / hotrod show's( known as steel city cruisers)  held at the old steel works sports ground just off Tinsley viaduct or the ones in  Rotherham, I have been going to theses last 10 years +

deano

• Like 1

Morgan three wheeler..

Kv5zB1g.jpg CQShRBL.jpg

OvjQkAM.jpg k9xwvaQ.jpg

This was at the Low Edges Classi car show back in 2015, There was a massive turnout of cars along with steam engines and medieval jousting!!, Wasa  great day out!!

John :thumbsup:

• Like 2

love the interceptor still the one ive never had, though nearly bought one in 1994 when i was 22, too thirsty for going from burnley to law school york, so made do with a v12 xjs. And missed my 635 csi that was my faithful companion through uni in leeds. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, deano1956 said:

the beige Jensen Healy is mint! and the kuglewagon is nice too, john you ever done any of the Sheffield custom / hotrod show's( known as steel city cruisers)  held at the old steel works sports ground just off Tinsley viaduct or the ones in  Rotherham, I have been going to theses last 10 years +

deano

'Fraid not Deano :(

I've a Midget in the garage which I started to 'Do up' back in 2015 but then my knee went kaput so didn't get the thing ready!, Had the other knee done in June this year so hopefully, I'll be able to carry on the work needed to be roadworthy next year!! :thumbsup:

This is a virt that someone did for me with Mini type indicators, I'd already removed the big ugly rubber and iron bumpers!

Mgw74Yy.jpg

I'd started cutting out the rot below the headlight and filled the massive hole for the indicator (Going bumperless so they need filling and then drilling for the wire to pass through!)

Pzvn7l9.jpg jGqtbwj.jpg

Put a section of inner wing in as it was tinworm infested!! 

uqY1QgP.jpg

And plugged a small hole in the wing!

wwVxe7r.jpg

I can't wait until I can get started on it again!

Hopefully then i'll be able to attend the meetups!! :thumbsup:

John :)

• Like 2

sir matt had one like this when he was with man u

2wqoYbt.jpg

gorgeous

wlCO8Tg.jpg

ff :-)

makes up for the tosh roger put on 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, johnbaz said:

'Fraid not Deano :(

I've a Midget in the garage which I started to 'Do up' back in 2015 but then my knee went kaput so didn't get the thing ready!, Had the other knee done in June this year so hopefully, I'll be able to carry on the work needed to be roadworthy next year!! :thumbsup:

This is a virt that someone did for me with Mini type indicators, I'd already removed the big ugly rubber and iron bumpers!

Mgw74Yy.jpg

I'd started cutting out the rot below the headlight and filled the massive hole for the indicator (Going bumperless so they need filling and then drilling for the wire to pass through!)

Pzvn7l9.jpg jGqtbwj.jpg

Put a section of inner wing in as it was tinworm infested!! 

uqY1QgP.jpg

And plugged a small hole in the wing!

wwVxe7r.jpg

I can't wait until I can get started on it again!

Hopefully then i'll be able to attend the meetups!! :thumbsup:

best get a move on john before they ban fossil fuel cars on the road :laugh: 

deano

QPntrWj.jpg

this one nige I though was mint and would be more economical than the 7 litre monster interceptor

deano

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, deano1956 said:

best get a move on john before they ban fossil fuel cars on the road :laugh: 

deano

Deano, I work at Forgemasters and at certain times of the year we are subject to things called Triads, This involves shutting the whole firm down (Everything electric has to be turned off) for up to two hours at peak times, If we don't then it's possible that the grid could go down, For any power we use we get charged something like thirty times the normal cost! :huh:

I can't see the grid holding up if everyone suddenly acquired electric cars! :hmmm9uh:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, johnbaz said:

Deano, I work at Forgemasters and at certain times of the year we are subject to things called Triads...

Did this apply when making 402 ton ‘Supergun’ barrels ?

:tongue:

:thumbsup:

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, johnbaz said:

Deano, I work at Forgemasters and at certain times of the year we are subject to things called Triads, This involves shutting the whole firm down (Everything electric has to be turned off) for up to two hours at peak times, If we don't then it's possible that the grid could go down, For any power we use we get charged something like thirty times the normal cost! :huh:

I can't see the grid holding up if everyone suddenly acquired electric cars! :hmmm9uh:

true, I am safe in the knowledge petrol will last to see me off this mortal coil  or to the end of my driving ability which ever comes first, but I am not in a rush to do either :biggrin:

deano

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Karrusel said:

Did this apply when making 402 ton ‘Supergun’ barrels ?

:tongue:

:thumbsup:

Well Karrusel, They were supposed to be pipes for the petro-chemical industry!

How were we to know that pipes for the petro-chemical industry shouldn't have an eight ton breech?! :huh::hmmm9uh::laugh:

John :blush:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, johnbaz said:

, Sorry about the low quality of the pivcs, I'm not very good with a camera :(

Nothing wrong with those pics, and anyway, it's always good to see some real classics. Is the one at the top a Vanguard?

For the first set I posted, I saw someone else taking closeup shots of grills, badges, facias. So I copied them and was quite pleased with the results. It's still nice to see the whole car, though.

• Like 1

Just now, spinynorman said:

Nothing wrong with those pics, and anyway, it's always good to see some real classics. Is the one at the top a Vanguard?

For the first set I posted, I saw someone else taking closeup shots of grills, badges, facias. So I copied them and was quite pleased with the results. It's still nice to see the whole car, though.

Yep, I think that was a Vanguard, I can recall my aunty having one when I was a kid, She used it to work for a Taxi company called Abbey Taxis!! :)

A nice classy old Lagonda 

AEvOu4p.jpg kqxZbG2.jpg

y9VhRXr.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nigelp said:

love the interceptor still the one ive never had, though nearly bought one in 1994 when i was 22, too thirsty for going from burnley to law school york, so made do with a v12 xjs. And missed my 635 csi that was my faithful companion through uni in leeds. 

My car at uni was a Triumph Herald. :(

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, johnbaz said:

Yep, I think that was a Vanguard, I can recall my aunty having one when I was a kid, She used it to work for a Taxi company called Abbey Taxis!! :)

A nice classy old Lagonda 

AEvOu4p.jpg kqxZbG2.jpg

y9VhRXr.jpg

Great shots of a superb car. I love the look of that engine.

• Like 1