Jump to content
  • Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Recommended Posts

Roller :thumbsup:

5eY2E4T.jpg RpnnrfJ.jpg

ONOA4P5.jpg kIrjUDu.jpg

JfuC3OM.jpg qv5C76C.jpg

Daimler V250

E20gLZ8.jpg tUV1pjy.jpg

 

John :thumbsup:

Some aeryplanes that kept going by making a racket!! :clap:

The sky was very moody back at this show!
0QS4xeJ.jpg Pi3Yx4M.jpg

A35? And a Frog eyse coming at me! :huh: :notworthy:

EGgUbvZ.jpg 

A couple of prancing horses :thumbsup:

5vw5Lhe.jpg ID2OKu9.jpg

AKzEuoQ.jpg NoXZer9.jpg

 

John :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, spinynorman said:

My car at uni was a Triumph Herald. :(

that was pretty good really how long back? Im going back to 1991 to 1994 when i was at leeds, the 635 had been my dads, it was a 1980, great car but the gear box went and i had to get a used one put in which was 500 quid fitted (a lot then), also the head gasket went and it took me 2 weeks to strip it and put it back together and regrind all the valves with dads help of course, dealing with rust was biggest hassle, new sills, wings and inner back arch plates by the time it was 11 years old lol. Also trx tyres were pricey 120 quid each in 1989 i used to get used ones for 35 quid at coppy nook in blackburn. The car cost £4,995 in 1989 when a new 635 was 38 grand or as much as our then detatched 3 bedroom house in reedley nr burnley. I kept the 6 until i graduated in 94/5 and p/x'd it for an 87 v12 xjs which was a mistake, i should have got a newer 6. Trouble was the 6 high line or any 635 from about 1982 on was about 7 grand then and the xjs was only 4 grand jags were always cheap (like mercs now). At the time i was only earning 8 grand a year passing invoices in the nhs...such was the point of uni eh bit of a waste of time and money really. 

wheel badge missing

ONOA4P5.jpg

nice though

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, johnbaz said:

A couple more..

Daimler SP250 

qIQGi6E.jpg h7pOTHU.jpg

Daimler 15hp

qVeNgOn.jpg UZF77qa.jpg

Bristol

2Q50g78.jpg 3hiDg8r.jpg

2Q50g78.jpg e7c8qru.jpg

 

John :)

 

     i like that side mount spare tire mount.  vin

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some lovely classic cars here. I love the thought of classic cars but I just can't give up the silly little gadgets in modern cars, like parking sensors, remote central locking etc.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A while ago I decided to see what I could do with a DLSR and bought a Nikon D3300, which is the budget end of their range and about right for my lack of skills. At the low end Nikon looked better than Canon. I mostly use the stock 18-55mm lens, but I also have a Nikkor 55-200mm lens, so I thought I'd see what I could do with that from the stands at the Silverstone Classic. These are from the Pre-1966 Touring Car race, which was a lot of fun.

DSC_0007-1

Minis, Mustangs, Cortinas. Quite a mixture, at least on the first couple of laps.

DSC_9999-1

 

DSC_9994-1

Two Alphas with slightly different views on the right line through the corner.

DSC_0022-1

 

DSC_0028-2

 

DSC_0033-1

Smoke in picture above the result of an altercation between these two.

DSC_0036-1

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, spinynorman said:

A while ago I decided to see what I could do with a DLSR and bought a Nikon D3300, which is the budget end of their range and about right for my lack of skills. At the low end Nikon looked better than Canon. I mostly use the stock 18-55mm lens, but I also have a Nikkor 55-200mm lens, so I thought I'd see what I could do with that from the stands at the Silverstone Classic. These are from the Pre-1966 Touring Car race, which was a lot of fun.

DSC_0007-1

Minis, Mustangs, Cortinas. Quite a mixture, at least on the first couple of laps.

DSC_9999-1

 

DSC_9994-1

Two Alphas with slightly different views on the right line through the corner.

DSC_0022-1

 

DSC_0028-2

 

DSC_0033-1

Smoke in picture above the result of an altercation between these two.

DSC_0036-1

 

      two mustangs in there,  i guess they are not stock.  good pic's.   i use a canon 350 D.  vin 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the prettiest cars I owned was my Saab 9-3 Aero convertible. It drew more comments and attention than anything I’ve ever had - and I’ve had a lot of cars.

It had to go due to being daftly impractical and needing more work than I was prepared to pay for, but it was a great car; albeit for the crippling ride quality.

22-EF768-D-E47-A-4520-BC6-C-C5423-E123-D

624-FC2-B5-C78-C-4079-A43-D-431-DC456-FF

02663-EC1-159-A-432-E-8-D1-E-D233-FF0-B8

Edited by Filterlab
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Filterlab said:

One of the prettiest cars I owned was my Saab 9-3

Lovely car. Way back I had a 99 estate, which wasn't as much fun, but good to drive. Except on the rather rough surface of the M5, when it would hop from one lane to the other.

Edited by spinynorman
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahhh, a bit of tramlining. Always good fun!

The 99 Turbo was the car that started the following for Saabs in a big way. They were super cool! My 9-3 was 'warmed' to 260bhp which made it fun, although it was the 400lbft of torque that made it a mid-range monster. The 30-90 time was alarming!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My first MR2!

 

2004_1025Image0002

 

My second MR2 with a V6 conversion done!

 

36444173155_6b7eda56e4_z.jpg

36047357850_00cf9fcb65_z.jpg


Then onto my GT4

 

GT4 (1)

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only picture that survives of my first car, a Triumph Herald 1200. Picture must be circa 1972. It died of chassis rot a couple of years later.

2020-03-28_12-38-08

I remember it fondly for the time the clutch cable broke in the middle of the Hanger Lane / North Circular interchange.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, spinynorman said:

Only picture that survives of my first car, a Triumph Herald 1200. Picture must be circa 1972. It died of chassis rot a couple of years later.

2020-03-28_12-38-08

I remember it fondly for the time the clutch cable broke in the middle of the Hanger Lane / North Circular interchange.

Yeesh!

I has a clutch cable break in single-lane roadworks on Norwich’s ring road in rush hour. Taught me how to start a car in 1st and change gear on synchromesh only in a hurry!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/03/2020 at 11:34, BobJ said:

Any Mini Fans?

I had two and they were great cars. This one followed the Herald, bought used from my boss's wife. Tax disk on a shot from the front says May 1974.

mini1

Later I bought a white one brand new, at a discount as I worked for British Leyland. :thumbsup:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quiz question,  Can you name either or both of these two vehicles from my younger days?

large.customkwak.jpg.6601cc4b2f711ef88423d070eff0de1f.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/03/2020 at 12:40, spinynorman said:

I had two and they were great cars. This one followed the Herald, bought used from my boss's wife. Tax disk on a shot from the front says May 1974.

mini1

Later I bought a white one brand new, at a discount as I worked for British Leyland. :thumbsup:

I got a discounted 6 month old one when I worked for Leyland Motors, in 1985.:thumbsup:

Was there a pull out of the hat system for who got that months 1st pick ?

7 minutes ago, BobJ said:

Quiz question,  Can you name either or both of these two vehicles from my younger days?

large.customkwak.jpg.6601cc4b2f711ef88423d070eff0de1f.jpg

 

One's a kwak triple.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Turpinr said:

Was there a pull out of the hat system for who got that months 1st pick ?

I don't remember that. I also don't remember what happened to the white mini, I must've sold it, because by 1976 I had a 1750cc Allegro with brown vinyl roof. It was lefthand drive, intended for Lebanon, IIRC, but couldn't be shipped due to the civil war. I remember going down the track at Longbridge collecting the parts (paid for) for a colleague to convert it to RHD.

Edited by spinynorman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, spinynorman said:

I don't remember that. I also don't remember what happened to the white mini, I must've sold it, because by 1976 I had a 1750cc Allegro with brown vinyl roof. It was lefthand drive, intended for Lebanon, IIRC, but couldn't be shipped due to the civil war. I remember going down the track collecting the parts (paid for) for a colleague to convert it to RHD.

I think I entered a draw one month and there were 3 minis in it and I got drawn out first and got first pick.

I got a blue mini mayfair (£2600)which I was chuffed with.Not long after that, I met my missus who had a beige Allegro.:hmmm9uh:

Our apprentices played Longbridge's in the BL cup, at the time the TR7 had just come out.

We got taken round the production line and rest of the factory where we saw Red Robbo who looked like he was sat on a throne :laugh:

Edited by Turpinr
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Turpinr said:

I got a discounted 6 month old one when I worked for Leyland Motors, in 1985.:thumbsup:

Was there a pull out of the hat system for who got that months 1st pick ?

One's a kwak triple.

 

47 minutes ago, BobJ said:

Quiz question,  Can you name either or both of these two vehicles from my younger days?

large.customkwak.jpg.6601cc4b2f711ef88423d070eff0de1f.jpg

 

I'm probably way off but looks to me like a Yam RD250 DX Dream that has had a 'cafe racer' job done on it?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Robin S said:

 

I'm probably way off but looks to me like a Yam RD250 DX Dream that has had a 'cafe racer' job done on it?

The fins on the engine look like a (250?) kwak and the kick start does too.

It also looks like there's a 3rd exhaust 

Could be wrong though

Edited by Turpinr
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Turpinr said:

The fins on the engine look like a (250?) kwak and the kick start does too.

It also looks like there's a 3rd exhaust 

Could be wrong though

Yeah, KH250 Kwak :thumbsup:

I tuned the engine to within an inch of its life then realised the standard drum brakes front and rear were never stopping it. Swapped the wheels, front forks, brakes from a Yam 250XS to give me disc brakes. The tank if I remember was from a Honda, the seat homemade, The paint was still drying on the side panels in the kitchen asI took this photo with the tail piece up next for rattle canning. :laugh: The Micron expansion exhaust pipes were also added.

 

Here's a pic (left) before the conversion.

 

large.1350608507_kh250s.jpg.5f3ce4bc9da3a28f7ef69084cd92a57c.jpg

Edited by BobJ
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BobJ said:

Yeah, KH250 Kwak :thumbsup:

I tuned the engine to within an inch of its life then realised the standard drum brakes front and rear were never stopping it. Swapped the wheels, front forks, brakes from a Yam 250XS to give me disc brakes. The tank if I remember was from a Honda, the seat homemade, The paint was still drying on the side panels in the kitchen asI took this photo with the tail piece up next for rattle canning. :laugh: The Micron expansion exhaust pipes were also added.

 

Here's a pic (left) before the conversion.

 

large.1350608507_kh250s.jpg.5f3ce4bc9da3a28f7ef69084cd92a57c.jpg

How old was your kwak ??

Some of my mates had the older S1a, b & c's

I loved the triple sound, there was nothing else like it.

Edited by Turpinr
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BobJ said:

The Micron expansion exhaust pipes were also added.

My mate put a set of expansion chambers in his as soon as he bought it new. He found the original pipes in his dads loft last year , as new, and sold them on eBay for more than what he paid for the bike.

I had a bit of time with  a H1. Period fuel figures quoted around 28mpg, but 13 was easily achievable. They were pretty extreme for the time.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...