• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

1 hour ago, BobJ said:

The Micron expansion exhaust pipes were also added.

My mate put a set of expansion chambers in his as soon as he bought it new. He found the original pipes in his dads loft last year , as new, and sold them on eBay for more than what he paid for the bike.

I had a bit of time with  a H1. Period fuel figures quoted around 28mpg, but 13 was easily achievable. They were pretty extreme for the time.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Turpinr said:

How old was your kwak ??

Some of my mates had the older S1a, b & c's

I loved the triple sound, there was nothing else like it.

I cant remember, the photo is around 1980 and I wouldn't have paid a lot for the bike second hand so probably early to mid seventies.

Yes great sound, once it was tuned and revved off the clock!

47 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

My mate put a set of expansion chambers in his as soon as he bought it new. He found the original pipes in his dads loft last year , as new, and sold them on eBay for more than what he paid for the bike.

I had a bit of time with  a H1. Period fuel figures quoted around 28mpg, but 13 was easily achievable. They were pretty extreme for the time.

I think I traded in my original standard exhaust pipes for something or other which I was prone to do at the time.:laugh:

Once tuned I used to get  over a ton on the flat.

Nobody had a go at getting the car?  Hillman Imp, never did get it running properly.:laugh: 

13 minutes ago, BobJ said:

Nobody had a go at getting the car?  Hillman Imp, never did get it running properly

Sorry, I spotted it. I have many memories of them, all bad. :laughing2dw:

I do remember the parcel shelf thing behind the rear seats was large enough to take a full size cello.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, BobJ said:

Nobody had a go at getting the car?  Hillman Imp, never did get it running properly.

I did, but as my guess was an Alfa it's a good job I didn't post it and make a complete fool of myself. :whistle:

3 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

I do remember the parcel shelf thing behind the rear seats was large enough to take a full size cello.

Enquiring minds are wondering how you know that. :biggrin:

2 minutes ago, spinynorman said:

Because I play the violin, and my friend plays the Cello, and her dad had a Hillman Imp. :thumbsup:

58 minutes ago, spinynorman said:

I did, but as my guess was an Alfa it's a good job I didn't post it and make a complete fool of myself. :whistle:

I did go on an Italian car ownership run with a  Alfa 145 twin spark a few cars later :laugh: after a Lancia Delta (not integrale) and Lancia Prisma, both dirty rotters! :laugh: