Jump to content
  • Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Thoughts please, Omega Service


Richy
 Share

Recommended Posts

My mate took his Aqua Terra to Chisholm Hunter in Edinburgh and requested that his watch be sent to Omega for a service. The price from the omega webpage was quoted as a marker and he was quite happy.
On getting it back there was no service card and it transpired that it had been serviced by an independent. Needless to say my mate was not happy and explained that he asked for an Omega service to obtain the warranty card.
So the watch was then sent to Omega. However on going to pick it up on Sunday there again was no card. As you can imagine he had a few choice words with them.

They however have stated that Omega only supply a warranty card if requested and they will get one sorted for him.

It was my understanding that the card was always supplied for a service or have things changed?

Richy

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If he has the itemised receipt, that should state that the service was an Omega one. Being as CH are ADs for Omega, then that will suffice as the warranty for the service so they are correct in one sense that no card is necessary...

Regards the first point ... that's absolutely scandalous IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Richy said:

Chisholm Hunter in Edinburgh 

I went into that store when it opened. The staff were very pleasant, knowledgeable, and helpful, last time I went in it was these guys,

maxresdefault.jpg

Should have gone to Hamilton and Inches.

Edited by WRENCH
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

After conversing with a few people it appears the white service card is no more. Sad really as it fitted in the holder with the other cards and was very professional. I can only assume it is a money saving exercise which is sad considering the cost imho

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Richy said:

After conversing with a few people it appears the white service card is no more. Sad really as it fitted in the holder with the other cards and was very professional. I can only assume it is a money saving exercise which is sad considering the cost imho

I am not so sure its about saving money .... It could be because they have tightened up their database regarding watches against serial number and history and also one less physical piece of accessory is one less opportunity to give to the fraudsters possibly since the cards are easily tampered with.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Update from me mate, CH have told him that Omega are going to print him a card. They state that Omega only give them out if requested?

i will update the thread with the outcome.

 

Richy

Edited by Richy
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Chris 810 said:

I currently have a rolex out for service with laings  i am in Edinburgh about twice a month cant afford to go through the Hamilton and inches door ! 

 

their service charges for Rolex are the same, and their staff are more pleasant. I had an issue 're a warranty problem another AD wouldn't  entertain, and they sorted everything quickly and stress free.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, WRENCH said:

their service charges for Rolex are the same, and their staff are more pleasant. I had an issue 're a warranty problem another AD wouldn't  entertain, and they sorted everything quickly and stress free.

I must go in and see next time i am there as i have another i am thinking of having serviced,  i have asked that my Rolex is not “complimentary “ polished as part of the service what are the odds of it not being polished ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Chris 810 said:

I must go in and see next time i am there as i have another i am thinking of having serviced,  i have asked that my Rolex is not “complimentary “ polished as part of the service what are the odds of it not being polished ? 

I dealt with their service manager, and he couldn't have been more helpful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 29/07/2019 at 21:52, Richy said:

My mate took his Aqua Terra to Chisholm Hunter in Edinburgh and requested that his watch be sent to Omega for a service. The price from the omega webpage was quoted as a marker and he was quite happy.
On getting it back there was no service card and it transpired that it had been serviced by an independent. Needless to say my mate was not happy and explained that he asked for an Omega service to obtain the warranty card.
So the watch was then sent to Omega. However on going to pick it up on Sunday there again was no card. As you can imagine he had a few choice words with them.

They however have stated that Omega only supply a warranty card if requested and they will get one sorted for him.

It was my understanding that the card was always supplied for a service or have things changed?

Richy

I have just had my X33 done at Omega service centre and only got a receipt 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, lebaron said:

I’m obviously not in your earnings bracket by A long way then. What it must be like..

 

One of my customers earns about 1/10th what I do by his own admission. He has exactly the same number of watches as me. They are worth ironically about 10 times what mine are.  Another of my customers is a multi millionaire and he own 2 watches , A Longines Hydroconquest and a Citizen Eco drive yet is very knowledgeable about watches ,,, to the point he leaves me well behind and approaches the vault of knowledge that is some of the upper spirits on there ... @Karrusel and the like ..

So it's not about earnings really.... at least some of the time. Its about value for money and that is achievable in all parts of the spectrum.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, lebaron said:

I’m obviously not in your earnings bracket by A long way then. What it must be like..

 

Why/how did you buy an expensive Swiss watch then?

Bearing in mind you know nothing about anyone's earnings on this forum, your statement seems a little … chippy?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...