• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
rcsami

Anyone close to Paris or know anyone from there?

Admin please remove if this is not allowed.

I bought a watch off a company in Paris and the watch was on an alligator strap. The company doesn't ship what could be an "endangered" species (bullcrap) strap, or let a shipping company pick it up from their premises. The only way this can be released is, by my authorization and released to an individual. So to the good people of RCW, is anyone close by to: 6 rue Duras, 75008 Paris, France?

If so, can I send you FedEx/Courier labels and you just drop it off at the FedEx dropbox and charge me a small fee?

I know I can buy a brand new band, but I want the band that came with the actual watch.. If that makes sense.

Anyways, I will leave a positive feedback here if this can be done. Thanks everyone!ff0ebfe05b89e4f34fd261faf7fa85d7.jpg

Can't help but I believe we might have some french members but not sure if from Paris.

Since when are alligators endangered ffs ?

• Haha 1

I agree with @gimli ,,, Alligators are about as endangered Japanese Tourists... there are millions of them. I would be highly suspicious of any company that is obviously making up a fabricated story so that a watch is "handed over in person".... Call me suspicious but I would tread with caution....

• Haha 1

They aren't endangered! I think they're just lazy or something. Quiet frankly it's pretty unprofessional. Johnny, I already have the watch.. They just decided to ship it over without the band. 

Anyways, hoping some of our French members can help out also. 

I prefer English, mais je parle Francais aussi. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rcsami said:

They aren't endangered! I think they're just lazy or something. Quiet frankly it's pretty unprofessional. Johnny, I already have the watch.. They just decided to ship it over without the band. 

Anyways, hoping some of our French members can help out also. 

I prefer English, mais je parle Francais aussi. 

Could you make a claim on a card as they have not delivered the complete item? Maybe the threat of a claim against them would be enough.

I can't, as they already had told me they can't. They also had me under the impression that I can send my own courier (FedEx) to retrieve it. When the time came, the manager contacted me and told me the person who contacted me was incorrect. So I think the easiest course of action is the one I've asked for here.. Or to buy a new one, which I really don't want to do when I can have th original. 

The legislation is ridiculous.  It is called CITES and I have to make a declaration if selling non cow leather basically (so I don't buy lizard or croc straps, but I will buy leather with lizard or croc print).

Technically the dealer is probably correct, but they are the only ones that pay any attention to this.  Everyone else pretty much ignores it as it is very complex - there are 600+ species listed, all in their latin names, and the legislation doesn't cover the EU but individual countries.

I bet he had no problem getting the watch into France...

i'd double check whatever company it is - there is no business shop front at that address looking at Google Streetview.  It could be online only of course

I agree, this is super ridiculous. The company is Sotheby's, so not shady, they are huge. Still very ridiculous, especially after telling me that I can set up my own courier. 

@Fitz666LOL I wish!

Anyone is Paris?! 

23 hours ago, gimli said:

Can't help but I believe we might have some french members but not sure if from Paris.

Since when are alligators endangered ffs ?

the world would be better if they and sharks would become ENDANGERED.   VIN

19 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

If one bit you on the bottom you might change your mind. 

:biggrin:

if you had been in a small boat at sea , you could see sharks following "all the way".

48 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

If one bit you on the bottom you might change your mind. 

:biggrin:

Strangely, we don`t tend get many alligators in Scotland :tongue:

24 minutes ago, vinn said:

if you had been in a small boat at sea , you could see sharks following "all the way".

Feeed the Sharks!!
Let them know it's Christmas time again...

Image result for sharks

:laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I live in France but it is a big country and a 4 hour drive to Paris so sorry can't help. The legislation people refer to is an agreement not to sell  stuff from endangered species so nothing to do with CITES legislation. The whole thing sounds like nonsense to me from start to finish.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, mach 0.0013137 said:

Strangely, we don`t tend get many alligators in Scotland 

Seen a few sharks at the Barras.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, mach 0.0013137 said:

Strangely, we don`t tend get many alligators in Scotland :tongue:

Sharks might be more common - didn't one build a golf course there. :whistle:

22 minutes ago, richy176 said:

Sharks might be more common - didn't one build a golf course there. :whistle:

You are correct & he  certainly is the king of sharks... Image result for tiger shark