• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Richy

Grail in !

Congratulations, a good choice for a watch never mind a grail and full marks for patience.    Must admit having had several Rolex sports models over the years the non date sub has something about it. 

Wear it with pride and in health. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Richy said:

Well after a long wait it finally arrived and was picked up today. Like it, wears well and won’t be going anywhere.

4-AE69-AE3-63-D4-4-A9-E-AA9-A-5-F31-A8-C

9-E4-CCB46-30-BC-43-C1-BA34-18-CCD1-EED7

Well done that man, may it give you many years of enjoyment & satisfaction :thumbsup:

• Like 1

worth the wait i have no doubt and would have thought a keeper , with that in mind question did they keep the warranty card?

deano

• Like 1

4 hours ago, deano1956 said:

worth the wait i have no doubt and would have thought a keeper , with that in mind question did they keep the warranty card?

deano

Yes, got it from Goldsmiths in the metro centre, Newcastle. They told me Rolex will release the card in about 12 months time and they will call to inform me when I can get it. What was nice was that I got the Rolex 5 year warranty, but also a further 5 year warranty card from them which commences when the Rolex one expires.

not sure if any other AD’s do this as it is my first( and probably last) Rolex.

Richy

17 minutes ago, Richy said:

Yes, got it from Goldsmiths in the metro centre, Newcastle. They told me Rolex will release the card in about 12 months time and they will call to inform me when I can get it. What was nice was that I got the Rolex 5 year warranty, but also a further 5 year warranty card from them which commences when the Rolex one expires.

Richy

Great Watch and welcome to the club...It is not Rolex who withhold Warranty Cards it is the ADs who withhold the cards and are playing silly games with the public..not content with making 35-40% profit on the watch they have just sold you its their final kick in the nuts to the purchaser as controlling what you do with the watch..did they also remove all stickers as well as this is also something some Ads are doing further devaluing the piece if you were a collector and wanted to put the watch away as an investor..its a disgrace how ADs are treating us ..the watch should be given to you as it left the factory and what you do with it is your business and yours alone...  

• Like 2

On 02/08/2019 at 18:02, deano1956 said:

deano

Not being able to afford anything atm, I'm a little out of touch with buying from ADs - I didn't know that was a thing Deano... :huh:

19 hours ago, Richy said:

Richy

Well congratulations Richy, enjoy it to the full, wear it every day as always in good health and happiness. :thumbs_up:

19 hours ago, Speedy112 said:

Great Watch and welcome to the club...It is not Rolex who withhold Warranty Cards it is the ADs who withhold the cards and are playing silly games with the public..not content with making 35-40% profit on the watch they have just sold you its their final kick in the nuts to the purchaser as controlling what you do with the watch..did they also remove all stickers as well as this is also something some Ads are doing further devaluing the piece if you were a collector and wanted to put the watch away as an investor..its a disgrace how ADs are treating us ..the watch should be given to you as it left the factory and what you do with it is your business and yours alone...  

Mmmm.  Would ADs do this without instruction from, or at least permission of, Rolex?  I'm not even sure it's legal, because it could constitute market manipulation or even price fixing because that covers maintaining market conditions such that the price is maintained at a given level by controlling supply and demand.   Suppose something happened that meant you had to sell it within the first 12 months, would it mean you could only sell it back to the AD you bought it from at a price of their choosing?

I'm no legal expert, but this sounds really dodgy to me. :hmmm9uh: Is the extra warranty just a way to sweeten the customer into not complaining to Trading Standards?

Sadly, not a problem I'm ever likely to face, and not wanting to add a downbeat tone, so just enjoy Ricky, you deserve to. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 2