• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Using a microwave to cure a smelly leather strap

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After reading a tip about putting watch straps in the freezer overnight to kill the bacteria that cause an unpleasant odour, particularly in these warm and humid days, I thought a blast in the microwa

I've used a 13mm combination spanner, and the leg of my spectacles to stir my tea, so I dare say using the shaft of a ball pein hammer wouldn't be too different to using a spurtle.

Correct  Ruined a perfectly good pair of Armani jeans trying to dry them in a microwave.  And the microwave never worked again  Don't ask 

15 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

You didn't mention which watch it came off...would a bracelet be a better option? At least you can clean them in a cheap ultrasonic machine without fear of a catastrophic melt down....:thumbsup:

It is a dress watch.   I did buy the watch on a bracelet but it looks a bit more elegant to my mind on leather.  The bracelet is a tad blingy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1