• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
themouse

Old meets new: Analogue with LCD face

Here’s the easiest way to describe what I mean...

A Seiko SKX007 with the full face being a digital screen to rival an Apple Watch offering smart watch/phone features.

Wondering if there are any of the big names of (what I would call) the stalwart analogue beauty parade* (Seiko SKX, Rolex’s, TAGs, etc) that have a great performing, good-looking watch with smart phone features? Like taking my Garmin Fenix and sticking a couple of (physical) hands on it! I am all for smart watches but they’re ugly and I hate the black faceless face until it is ‘switched on’.

* insert your subjectively beautiful watch’s name.

Did a few searches and it seems there are a few watches around but they are still very much meh...

iwantzone-com-mens-luxury-military-lcd-luminous-analog-digital-watch-silver-yellow-watches_291_2000x.jpg?v=156017802958604601_max.jpg0116775-0-ProductX?context=bWFzdGVyfGltYWdlc3wyMTM4MnxpbWFnZS9qcGVnfGltYWdlcy9oM2UvaDcwLzkwNDU3NzExOTAzMDIuanBnfDRjZDBiZjIxOTAxNWMwNWQzODBmZGU1YzhhZWUzYWNhZGE3Njc1YzRiNzMxM2YxMzRmN2NkNmU2YmExMmI0NjQimageService?profileId=12026539&imageId=1185004-894__1&recipeName=350

But then I came across an article that gets close, especially with this Frederique Constant Hybrid, it doesn't quite go as far as to have an LCD display, but does have certain smart watch features.

fc5-1522890089-afsn-full-width-inline-1525858632-D27t-column-width-inline.jpg

https://www.wareable.com/smartwatches/best-smart-analogue-watch