• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
CB200

Reluctant new member...

Hey,

Against my better judgement, I'm signing up to this forum. I have a couple of interesting watches which I'll post in the relevant areas (keep an eye out in the Omega and pocket watch sections), but am resisting the temptation to buy more. I've been fantasy-internet-watch-shopping recently and have just spent an imaginary £80k in a week.

Help me by not engaging with me or showing me any nice watches,

Thanks in advance,

CB

• Like 1

Get out while you still can, the members on here are a bad influence and you'll be bankrupt in the first month......... :scared:

:laughing2dw:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CB200 said:

What did I just say about not engaging :angry::laugh:

I'm like a moth to the flame...

Good point, I will put you on my "blocked" list, just to be on the safe side.... :whistle:  It's an exclusive club, and not many people make it onto my naughty step, it's normally reserved for anyone who I find boring - but in this case I will do you a favour, and avoid all contact in future :tongue:

You're welcome mate :laughing2dw:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, CB200 said:

Hey,

Against my better judgement, I'm signing up to this forum. I have a couple of interesting watches which I'll post in the relevant areas (keep an eye out in the Omega and pocket watch sections), but am resisting the temptation to buy more. I've been fantasy-internet-watch-shopping recently and have just spent an imaginary £80k in a week.

Help me by not engaging with me or showing me any nice watches,

Thanks in advance,

CB

RUN AWAY,RUN AWAY...

There`s still a chance to escape before it`s too late fear.gif.b20c1812434ff5cebf31dfa6441ae37d.gif

Welcome to the to Roy Taylor`s Asylum For The Horologically Deranged  :thumbs_up:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hello and welcome, I'm in a similar position as you. I'm a new member who is looking around and seeing a lot to like. I've been able to stop myself buying anything new so far.

Good luck :)

Welcome to the forum!  We are a friendly bunch, just watch out for the eccentric member who has a obsession with Sir David Jason.  I believe their Sir David collection is bigger than their watch collection!  :biggrin:

Cassie :king:

19 minutes ago, The Mystery Bidder said:

Welcome to the forum!  We are a friendly bunch, just watch out for the eccentric member who has a obsession with Sir David Jason.  I believe their Sir David collection is bigger than their watch collection!  :biggrin:

Cassie :king:

Be not concerned CB, her Primary Health Care Team are monitoring her condition & medication regime  :tongue:

• Haha 1

Hi, and welcome to the forum! One top tip we offer to new members is to entrust your wallet to a responsible adult...this should keep you safe in the short term.....:laughing2dw:

3 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

One top tip we offer to new members is to entrust your wallet to a responsible adult..

Good luck finding one of those around here............ :whistle:

• Haha 3

Thanks for the welcomes folks. I'm still getting used to the forum rules, and I seem to have reached my 'reaction' limit, stopped getting notifications for this thread, and been blocked by a grandee member all on the first day!

..and haven't figured out how to edit posts on mobile. 

On the plus side, I haven't bought any watches. Yet. 

Some of the things you mentioned might only be available after you reach 50 posts.  This milestone also opens the door to the sales section, where all the good stuff is hiding... :laughing2dw:  You also need 50 posts before you can use the Private Messaging system, or enter the prize draws and raffles that come up on a regular basis.

Note: I didn't really block you, that honour is reserved for a "special few" and isn't used very often... :whistle:

18 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Some of the things you mentioned might only be available after you reach 50 posts.  This milestone also opens the door to the sales section, where all the good stuff is hiding... :laughing2dw:  You also need 50 posts before you can use the Private Messaging system, or enter the prize draws and raffles that come up on a regular basis.

Note: I didn't really block you, that honour is reserved for a "special few" and isn't used very often... :whistle:

Consider this a reaction of both relief (at not being blocked) and gratitude (for the info)

:thumbsup:

• Haha 1

On 07/08/2019 at 11:18, CB200 said:

On the plus side, I haven't bought any watches. Yet. 

“ Yet “ being the important word above.:laughing2dw: