• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Mirafin

Longines Identification

Hi, im hoping there are some Longines experts out there that can help me with this,

At the weekend I received a Longines Watch that my wifes late grandfather received on his 21st Birthday,

As it was his 21st I can date this as being 1951 but other than that I don't know anything, Although we are curious as to its value its not really important as I will hand this down to my son when hes older, but id love to know a bit of history behind it

Heres the watch face - 

longines

There isn't anything on the back so I don't know if it was made that way or whether there was text that has worn away with wear

Any help that can be given would be gratefully received

Nice watch.  The good people at Longines will provide the information you want,sometimes even who they sold it to and the selling price.  You have to create an account first

https://www.longines.co.uk/account/login?requested-url=account-contact

you can pay to get a certificate, or the email service is free.  They will want movement photos and serial numbers from the movement.

The hands are either relumed or not original.  The dial is likely to have radium numerals that are still radioactive, so don't go prodding around them.  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, scottswatches said:

Nice watch.  The good people at Longines will provide the information you want,sometimes even who they sold it to and the selling price.  You have to create an account first

https://www.longines.co.uk/account/login?requested-url=account-contact

you can pay to get a certificate, or the email service is free.  They will want movement photos and serial numbers from the movement.

The hands are either relumed or not original.  The dial is likely to have radium numerals that are still radioactive, so don't go prodding around them.  

tell him to lick the dial the saliva is a great cleaning solution, the hands lol if they are original they will be more radio active than Chernobyl drop off. No the hands are wrong well wrong. 

The hands are not original. The back would need to come off to identify the movement and read the hallmark inside the case back. I would guess late 1950s. Nice clean dial.
I have the huge and in depth Longines history book given to me at their factory museum last year. If you can safely remove the case back...?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk